A little extra for the 4th

Options
Ugh...anyone else overindulge on the 4th? I had popcorn (not buttered) at the movie theater and it sat in my stomach all afternoon, but that didn't stop me. I also enjoyed some icecream right before the fireworks. It's amazing after recording the items, just how quickly you can run up your calories!
I am not too worried about it, I know it was just one day and that I need to get right back to business!

Anyone else looking to lose over 60lbs? I could use some buddies in this journey!

Replies

• pecksun8
    pecksun8 Posts: 570
    Options
    Ugh...anyone else overindulge on the 4th? I had popcorn (not buttered) at the movie theater and it sat in my stomach all afternoon, but that didn't stop me. I also enjoyed some icecream right before the fireworks. It's amazing after recording the items, just how quickly you can run up your calories!
    I am not too worried about it, I know it was just one day and that I need to get right back to business!

Anyone else looking to lose over 60lbs? I could use some buddies in this journey!
  • carrotstick
    Options
    Ugh - I just fessed up to my July 4 indulgence - three hotdogs, raspberry vodka and pineapple juice and rum... ON TOP of my already balanced three meals for the day. liquor is packed with cals....

let's get back on track!
  • sftbutterflykiss
    sftbutterflykiss Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Girl .. i went alll out... i had a party.. people brought cake.. brownies.. and pasta salad.. but .. i know the stuff that i made.. had fat free ingredients.. soo .. i was good on that part.. i just got back from a 45 walk /run session.. im feeling good... who said we cant have fun once and awhile.!!!!.. ... and Pomagrante martinis.... yes that is plural.. IM GUILT FREE!!! Ohhh and im looking to lose a total of 70 and alreayd lost 16.2 lbs.. so im right there with you at 60...and im living life!!... and feeling great
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I spent the morning of the 4th doing a 40 mile bike ride--burning up just over 1830 calories in the process. That meant I had a great 4th as for as food!

I had a double banana smoothie :drinker: and a big bowl of pasta sauteed in olive oil--yummmmyy! Then for dessert I had sugar-free chocolate pudding with PB on top and some graham crackers.

Try planning ahead for times like special days and make time for exercise (extra exercise if needed!) and that way, the set-backs in food indulgences won't be so bad as putting you over on calories.
  • PrincessDesiray
    PrincessDesiray Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Well I went for 2 mile with my famiy yesterday morning and then we went to DD and got iced coffee and breakfast. SO needless to say I could not eat any lunch and then I had one burger with watermelon for dinner.

Today however is a family picnic!!!! I fear the worst will happen today:sad: I will be so mad at myself if I gain one little ounce back:explode: .

I have 60 puunds to lose I believe.
  • sheristeele
    Options
    I definately overendulged! :sad: Well.. guess we have to have our holiday indulgences or we will go crazy! :drinker:
  • aaubrey
    aaubrey Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I only went over by 235. I spent the whole evening walking around a carnival with the kids and didnt count it so I probably ended up even. I cant chalk it up to willpower though...the funnel cake line was just really really long:)
  • OMISALJ
    OMISALJ Posts: 69
    Options
    I HAD 3 BEERS, TOSTIOS, AND GUACAMOLE, I ONLY WENT OVER 300 CALORIES, BUT IM FEELING IT TODAYS, OH AND I HAD A MINI CANNOLI. TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY!!!!!!!!!!!
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't even let myself eat one of the 100 calorie pack teddy grahams things, and I had enough "extra" calories for it. I am being too strict and I am afraid that's what'll kill me in the end :ohwell:

However, my goal is to lose another 111 pounds on top of the 13 I have already lost, if you wanna be my friend add me :) I am going to STICK WITH IT THIS TIME, for THE LAST TIME.

:)

I have told my husband, my family and my doctor to all hold me accountable. I am seeing my doctor every 5 weeks to track progress. This is what will make me do it.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    I had two hotdogs, two helpings of Manda's AMAZING baked beans, two ears of corn (with copious amounts of butter and salt...mmmm), a handful of BBQ chips, a piece of flag cake, a piece of blueberry pie and ice cream, and 2 smores, God I love Holidays. :sick: :sick: :sick:
  • chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    Options
    I wouldn't even let myself eat one of the 100 calorie pack teddy grahams things, and I had enough "extra" calories for it. I am being too strict and I am afraid that's what'll kill me in the end :ohwell:

However, my goal is to lose another 111 pounds on top of the 13 I have already lost, if you wanna be my friend add me :) I am going to STICK WITH IT THIS TIME, for THE LAST TIME.

I have told my husband, my family and my doctor to all hold me accountable. I am seeing my doctor every 5 weeks to track progress. This is what will make me do it.

if you had extra calories, let yourself eat! however, if you're afraid to eat any of those much adored sweet snacks (i'm talking candies, cookies, etc.) munch on some fresh fruit like strawberries, rasberries, or watermelon to get your sweet fix! eat all those calories with nutritious food girl!

being strict in the end will definitely help you out. make sure you let us know if you start to lose motivation and we will definitely help you out!
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options

if you had extra calories, let yourself eat! however, if you're afraid to eat any of those much adored sweet snacks (i'm talking candies, cookies, etc.) munch on some fresh fruit like strawberries, rasberries, or watermelon to get your sweet fix! eat all those calories with nutritious food girl!

being strict in the end will definitely help you out. make sure you let us know if you start to lose motivation and we will definitely help you out!

Thank you!

My biggest problem is I see on the front page "If every day were like today you'd weight *** in 5 weeks" And when it's like a pound lower I'm like "oh, I don't need that snack!" But really, I have the calories so I should eat *something* just so I don't deprive myself.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options

Thank you!

My biggest problem is I see on the front page "If every day were like today you'd weight *** in 5 weeks" And when it's like a pound lower I'm like "oh, I don't need that snack!" But really, I have the calories so I should eat *something* just so I don't deprive myself.

Cloud, this really is a truth. I plateaued for about a month before I found this site and actually started eating (especially exercise calories). I started dropping weight like it was my job. The problem is not slipping back into starving yourself. It's hard to break that conditioning. Just take it a day at a time, focus on those calories for that day. Don't worry about tomorrow or yesterday. Trust me, you'll start losing like a weightloss madman. :wink: :happy:
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    Overall I did well on the 4th... I exercised early in the day so that I was sure to have those exercise calories to eat and drink. I indulged in a Corona light and a "Skinny Girl" margarita (yummy!)
  • pecksun8
    pecksun8 Posts: 570
    Options
    Two good things about yesterday...We walked well over 13 blocks just to get to the beach to see the fireworks, and then walked along the downtown area just site-seeing, and after sitting on the beach watching a great show of fireworks, we walked back to our car the same route. So I didn't completely botch my day.
    And the other good thing about yesterday was that when I did eat the things that I shouldn't have, I didn't overindulge. I just ate one ice cream cone before we walked to the beach and a small bag of popcorn unbuttered at the movies.
    It's finally hitting home that I can still enjoy a few snacks without over doing it, and I can either exercise more that day to compensate, or just start over the next day.

I have to tell you guys... I think this is such a great site, and it's fantastic to have people in the same boat trying to obtain the same goal, and helping each other along the way with great stories, anecdotes, and just friendly advice.

Thanks!
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Both 3rd and 4th were bad for me :cry: I did well through dinner both days, but did not log everything til today. That mean when I went out with my friends I did not have specific amount of calories to track to!!! So of course I drank too many beers :mad: (the light kind so I justified) and then got the munchie which equals pizza. I worked out both days but still 1000 calories over both days :explode: :mad:

Today I am logging all day to keep on track. In the past, those two days would send me in to a 1-2 week binge period. Not happening this time! Just had my yummy salad for lunch - I need to plan out my dinner and NO BEER!!!
  • WMayfield
    WMayfield Posts: 19
    Options
    Yep! I ate over 300 calories more than I used. I don't feel guity---it was just one day AND I was aware of what I ate! In the past, I'd load up my plate and eat until it was done. This time, I was choosy in what I picked and only ate things I really wanted.

I ate a hamburger, potato salad, baked beans, lemon meriangue pie, & banana pudding just for lunch!!

Dinner wasn't much healthier, but that's okay!

I also walked the dog for 20 minutes and swam with my kids for almost an hour, so at least I got some exercise in. I usually have some left over calories at the end of the day, so I don't sweat too bad if I go over once.

However, I'm leaving on a 4 week road trip and I'm really afraid if getting off track!
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I have a remnants of a summer cold so the excercise was out the window this week...going back to the gym on Monday.

However.....I ate well and logged my food all day till dinner. I had a fried oyster dinner, ~sigh~ love those fried oysters, with fries and hushpuppies. THEN went to Marble Slab and I still wanted full fat ice cream, but I did try to make the better decision and got a junior sized instead of full sized scoop of pina colada.

Got up this morning and started logging and making healthy decisions again......and for the first time, I don't feel guilty about my meal yesterday. Through being here I know it's not reality to NEVER eat an indulgent meal EVER again. I ate what I wanted and started a new day today. I'm learning to psychologically handle eating.