Battling Hunger

Options
I often have days where I am literally hungry all day, even if I break up my day with lots of little snacks I still seem to be starving! Any tips for battling these all day constant hunger pangs??

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Its usually a high carb, low protein diet that make you feel hungry. As well as not eating enough.

Eat more protein, less processed carbs and fill up with unlimited vegetables and salads

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • conyers561
    Options
    A good protein shake will hold me over for 3 or so hours. Perfect for in between meals.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    This happens to me a few times per month. I'm not sure what it is. I have tried adding protein, even though I typically go WAY over on my protein as it is (but that's ok cuz protein is awesome). I just make sure I have healthy snacks available at every turn. Maybe it's something mental and your mind just wants to chew! ;)
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Get more protein in your diet, that will help a lot, maybe a nice smoothie with protein powder
  • becki101_4
    becki101_4 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Try gum. Like an earlier poster said, maybe your mind/mouth just want to chew. Gum gives you the chewing motion which helps your mind think you're eating, and that might satisfy your stomach till your next meal. Plus there's few to no calories Personally I can't stand gum, but I know people that do this and it works for them.
  • Tracy9377
    Tracy9377 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Everyone is saying to add protein. Any suggestions on lean, low calorie proteins? Nuts and meat make me go over on my calories, and beans are not really a complete protein (are they?). I have reservations on the powder stuff.
  • Kushiel32
    Options
    I find that when I am hungry, most of the time it is me misreading the signals that my body is giving and i am actually thirsty. If I feel excessive hungry I try to drrink more water. 75% of the time I stop feeling hungry the other 25% I just figure I need a snack and eat a resonable snack of appx 100 to 130 calories.
  • Amara15
    Amara15 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Everyone is saying to add protein. Any suggestions on lean, low calorie proteins? Nuts and meat make me go over on my calories, and beans are not really a complete protein (are they?). I have reservations on the powder stuff.

Good question I'm wondering the same thing! I'm also not much of a meat eater, a little chicken here and there but no other meat, any other suggestions for protein. Are eggs good protein?
  • cparker10
    Options
    Seafood is a low calorie and low fat source of protein.
  • gecko23
    gecko23 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    eggs are a good source of protien as well as beans and also soy. As far always being hungry Kushiel may be right one of the things you can try is if you feel hungry try drinking 8 to 16 ounces of water then wait 10 minutes. If you are still hungry then eat a snack but make sure you drink water.
  • brow5204
    brow5204 Posts: 17
    Options
    WATER! I drink a lot of water. According to my diet, I should drink about a gallon a day...sometimes I drink more, sometimes less. But the result is the same: Water fills me up. Also, I found the difference between "hungry" and "craving" because I can eat something yummy when I'm not hungry just because it tastes good! So, I had to implement a LOT of self control on top of my attempt to become more aqueous, but it has worked so far!
  • Tracy9377
    Tracy9377 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks! The water and the seafood seem to help.