When did people notice your weight loss?

Options

Replies

• ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    After 10lbs, my whole family freaked out. Then again, I didn't weigh much to begin with. LOL
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Remember you are on this journey for yourself,
    what is important is feeling better about yourself
    This is the best feeling of all!
    It is worth it
  • BullBlanco27
    Options
    People (outside of my wife) noticed after my first 43. 43 sounds like a huge number but it works out to 10% of my body weight. I think I won't huge reactions from people until I hit about 20-30% lost.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    My mom noticed my pants kept falling down even before I did. I'd gotten used to pulling them up occasionally just because they were stretched, she was the one to notice how often I had to do it and how they gave me saggy-diaper-butt even when they were up. 9lbs, about halfway to my goal.
  • debralekicsummers
    debralekicsummers Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have lost 30kg (66 lbs) , my family have noticed and 1 or 2 other people, but i am still holding my breath waiting for other people to notice. People are just not observant , i have given up waiting for a reaction and enjoy my own feeling of accomplishment when i go down another size or when i look in the mirror and notice the changes.
  • doriharvey
    doriharvey Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I had a co worker I am close with notice after summer break, but she asked with concern. I noticed you are looking thinner but I want to make sure it's not because you've been sick. Some people might hold back not knowing whether to compliment or whether to console.

Right before that I changed by hair style and had a ton of people tell me how good I looked in my new hair style.... and it was only a tad shorter nothing dramatic. I think they were noticing the weightloss but attributed it to the hair. My spouse noticed several pounds later when he saw me dressing, and my skirts fit extremely lose. he said I think if you didn't have hips that skirt would fall right off you.

I a quote on a picture that says you start noticing the changes in your body within 10 days, your friends in 44, and the world in 88.
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    My fiancé noticed around 12lbs - when I came home from work once day he told me I needed new pants. I said, "I know they're a little baggy but I'm not small enough for another size down". And then he got up from the couch, shut the front door, pantsed me, kissed me on the forehead and said, "You need smaller pants dear." Then he went to the kitchen and had a bowl of cereal.

Yup, time for new pants.

Oh bless him. I like him already :laugh:
  • TheRightWeigh
    TheRightWeigh Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    One or two started to notice at around 25-30 lbs. Like 50/50 notice now...or say something about it. Biggest reaction I got was this weekend. Someone who hadn't seen in a while, could not figure out why I looked different. I didn't even think to say I lost weight until she asked. To me I don't see a difference, but the faces on peoples face's when they see me in a new shirt or something is kind of funny. I have a LONG, LONG way to go. I'm only about a fifth of the way....I wonder what it will be like when i'm at goal

Short Answer: 25 lbs.
  • Sharla_G
    Sharla_G Posts: 72
    Options
    Around 12 lbs. It actually has more to do with what I wear. When I wear more form fitting items, I get comments.
  • JessicaBR13
    JessicaBR13 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    20lbs
  • Hollyhobby22
    Hollyhobby22 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    at 10lb my mom noticed at 20lb my brother did and at 30lb my boss said i was waisting away to nothing
  • missability
    missability Posts: 223
    Options
    I started @ 280.4 on January 1, 2013....but last summer was 304Lbs.

I was at 237 before anyone said a word.....thats 43 MFP pounds, and 67 overall pounds....

But I am now at 215 and there are still those who have not said a word.....but I am doing this for me ...so whatev.....
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Why does it even matter? Our goal should be to obtain an ideal weight to support our health and fitness objectives. I personally do not care if anyone ever makes a comment about my weight.
  • sarah_lou22
    Options
    people who see me every day don't really notice much at all. but people who see me once every few months or so notice everytime that they see me!
    I didn't notice until I saw a picture of me from 2 years ago and honestly said "who is that?" #NSV
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    When I first joined MFP, I don't think anyone mentioned it until after I'd lost 10 lb's and summer had rolled around.

Then I fell back into some old habits so I'm on round 2 of MFP.

Oddly enough, they started mentioning the weight loss before I'd lost a single pound on the scale. I think maybe I just got more toned or trim without losing any weight. Either way, it felt good to hear.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 lbs in about 6 months and no one really said a word. When I started lifting weights and lost an additional 10 lbs, THEN people started talking like crazy!! Funny how some fat loss/muscles get people's attention!!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    About 30 pounds. I know it shouldn't matter but I think most of us want some confirmation of our hard work. Some people think that others don't want to mention a weight loss because it could be insensitive. I am not in that camp. :)
  • malk2651
    malk2651 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is gradual, so the people who see you everyday don't notice a huge difference. Run into someone you haven't seen in a few months and you might get a reaction. However depending on you social circle talking about someone's weight can be a touchy subject.

tl:dr Don't give up they will notice eventually.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    A couple of people noticed at -8kg.

Next week I will meet up with friends I haven't seen in while. Wondering how they will react, because they were part of my first weight loss journey 12 yrs ago. The weight that came back on since then, is now gone.

Some don't notice, other are afraid to say something. And my sister says, she only sees it on picture comparisons. Nice to know she doesn't reduce me to my weight issues.
  • aliciaaw
    aliciaaw Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Mine was at the 10 pound mark ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!