Daily Calories Gone Up ?

Options
Since my weigh in day yesterday, my calories have gone up. Any idea why?

Replies

• dcturcotte
    Options
    Are you under your goal weight?
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Did you exercise? or Readjust your goal?
  • Dellie22
    Dellie22 Posts: 167
    Options
    No, still got a long way to go to my goal weight. I exercise 6 days a week and no, i didn't change my goal
  • jrich1
    Options
    No, still got a long way to go to my goal weight. I exercise 6 days a week and no, i didn't change my goal

Exercise calories are added back to your daily calorie intake
  • Dellie22
    Options
    It's the initial daily intake that's gone up
  • Dellie22
    Options
    It's the initial daily intake that's gone up, not after exercise
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    After you lose a certain amount of weight, it will ask if you want to readjust your goals. Did you click yes?
  • cathyalmand
    Options
    mine is doing the same thing...im really confuse...it went up after i worked out and burned alot of calories....so i didnt know if it was that i NEEEDED to take in more calories of if it was a mistake...it changed twice today.
  • jrich1
    Options
    mine is doing the same thing...im really confuse...it went up after i worked out and burned alot of calories....so i didnt know if it was that i NEEEDED to take in more calories of if it was a mistake...it changed twice today.

If you exercise your calories are suppose to go up, since you have to eat to replenish your body
  • Addikit
    Options
    Don't quote me on this since I'm not 100% sure, but if I'm not mistaken the more active you become (and more you exercise) the more calories you'll need to intake. The idea isn't to starve yourself of needed nutrients and if you don't eat what you need you can trick your body into thinking it'll need to store fat when it can because it feels like it's getting starved.

That's just my guess, and again, I could very well be wrong.
  • Dellie22
    Options
    After you lose a certain amount of weight, it will ask if you want to readjust your goals. Did you click yes?

no, it never asked that
  • Dellie22
    Options
    Don't quote me on this since I'm not 100% sure, but if I'm not mistaken the more active you become (and more you exercise) the more calories you'll need to intake. The idea isn't to starve yourself of needed nutrients and if you don't eat what you need you can trick your body into thinking it'll need to store fat when it can because it feels like it's getting starved.

That's just my guess, and again, I could very well be wrong.

That sounds plausible. Thanks :)
  • Dellie22
    Options
    Could it possibly be that i go well over my weekly exercise goal everyweek? I always do more than my goal
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    nope, that won't change it, did you change your goals, or any of your statistics? That's the only way it would change as far as I know, either that or there is something wrong with the calculation.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Sounds like you either entered your new weigh-in weight incorrectly, or it read it incorrectly. That said, I would go back to check-in and see what it says as there is an option to edit your weigh-ins in the event of an error. Next I would go to goals, see what it shows as your current weight, what it shows as your goal weight and what you have selected as your weight loss choice (1/2 pound, 1 pound, etc... per week), see what you have indicated as your level of activity and what your exercise goals are and just be sure all the info is accurate. Doesn't hurt to refresh any of this each time you have a weigh-in. I have been on a this journey since January 4th and as I lost weight cannot say it ever gave me more calories to eat! When I reached only 1200 per day (which is the minimum anyone should ever be at), I started adjusting my goals manually. Anyway, go back and review all your settings as an increase in calories doesn't sound right too me.