2 NSVs in one day!

Options
emirror
emirror Posts: 842 Member
After a bit more than a month of working on becoming a jogger, I have been able to jog 2 miles without stopping for the past two weeks. Now, I can do it without looking like was sprayed down with a garden hose. Yesterday, everyone around me on the other treadmills were walking, and were where I was 2 months ago. I started to realize that I was getting sideways looks... and then it hit me... I AM THAT GIRL! I am the girl I used to watch running and wonder how the heck she was doing that. I am the girl I used to watch and wish I could keep going that long. I. AM. THAT. GIRL. Those are the looks I used to have when I watched other people run, and now I'm getting them! I can't even begin to say how awesome that feels.

Afterwards, I was in the locker room getting my bags, and I saw my full-length reflection in the mirror. I usually avoid looking at that... but I saw it, and I stopped and stared for a minute. I looked decent! Sure, I still have some weight to lose, but I look pretty good, and felt pretty good, for the first time since the second baby!

Yay!

Replies

• lgreen37
    lgreen37 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    GREAT and GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    After a bit more than a month of working on becoming a jogger, I have been able to jog 2 miles without stopping for the past two weeks. Now, I can do it without looking like was sprayed down with a garden hose. Yesterday, everyone around me on the other treadmills were walking, and were where I was 2 months ago. I started to realize that I was getting sideways looks... and then it hit me... I AM THAT GIRL! I am the girl I used to watch running and wonder how the heck she was doing that. I am the girl I used to watch and wish I could keep going that long. I. AM. THAT. GIRL. Those are the looks I used to have when I watched other people run, and now I'm getting them! I can't even begin to say how awesome that feels.

Afterwards, I was in the locker room getting my bags, and I saw my full-length reflection in the mirror. I usually avoid looking at that... but I saw it, and I stopped and stared for a minute. I looked decent! Sure, I still have some weight to lose, but I look pretty good, and felt pretty good, for the first time since the second baby!

Yay!

Congratulations and I know exactly how you feel. After losing 23 pounds I find myself walking taller with an extra lift in my step. I am looking better in my clothes and the ones that were sitting around in my closet for years are finally fitting me. Enjoy every moment, because you have come far and deserves every minute of how you feel.
  • lgreen37
    lgreen37 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    GREAT and GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile::smile: :smile:
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • anewlife1980
    anewlife1980 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Those are awesome NSVs!!! Congrats
  • emirror
    Options
    Thank you, everyone! It was a great day! :-D
  • jessizona80
    jessizona80 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Very well done! Enjoy being "That Girl"! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that must feel great, and on top of that is the satisfaction that you earned every bit of it! Nice,
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options

Yay!

Woo! Enjoy being "that girl" you deserve it!
  • emirror
    Options
    I went through my old pictures, and found my starting one... For all but the past 2 months, I was not exercising. Then for all but the last two weeks, even though I was trying to exercise, it seemed like everything was going wrong in life, so I had to skip a lot of days so I could go take care of things. Anyway, seeing the progress I've made in just the past two weeks really has me motivated! I wish I could work out all day long!

23844634_7347.jpg

And these are from today, at 150.

23844634_653.jpg

23844634_8259.jpg

23844634_2232.jpg
  • jlbost
    jlbost Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    sorry for the dumb question, but what does NSV stand for? Thanks!
  • cxdyer
    cxdyer Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    sorry for the dumb question, but what does NSV stand for? Thanks!
    [/quote

I was wondering the same thing
  • emirror
    Options
    NSV = Non Scale Victory.
  • ColeAXE
    ColeAXE Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    HI 5 :D. Awesome!!!
  • cxdyer
    cxdyer Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    NSV = Non Scale Victory.

Thank you eMirror!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!