Question about weight/fat loss?

Options
So I've been eating healthier and exercising more for a couple months now... at first I dropped like 10 pounds rather rapidly, and now I haven't seem to have lost any more weight, I've stopped seeing a difference in my body. I don't want to lose much more weight, I'm already 94 pounds, but I still have a lot of fat in my stomach and thighs that it seems should be gone by now: I'm eating a somewhat calorie restricted, healthy diet and exercising as much as I can. Does fat just take a long time to go away? Do I just need to be more patient since I'm not doing the whole super-dieting-super-exercising thing?

EDIT: I have been muscle training. But what is that going to do about my extended stomach/fat? Will it help that?

Replies

• ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    At 94 pounds, how much more do you need/want to lose???
  • downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    94 pounds? I hope you are just trying to tone up, I can't imagine you wanting to weigh less?

What kind of exercising are you doing?
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Actually, you're probably fine where you are (not knowing your height, etc.). I'm 5'3", 42 years old and at 109 pounds, but still have the "chunk" in certain places. The weight is fine. The problem is muscle...or lack thereof. So I've started to lift weights - heavy weights! - now, in the hopes of removing the cellulite and getting my body to look like I think it ought to at this weight.

Perhaps you could try the same?
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    just a guess here, but since you are 94 lbs, I'd say you need to quit focusing on losing weight and start focusing on body composition to increase muscle mass.
  • ken_hogan
    Options
    just a guess here, but since you are 94 lbs, I'd say you need to quit focusing on losing weight and start focusing on body composition to increase muscle mass.

This....
  • pluckabee
    pluckabee Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Are you lifting heavy things?

If not, you should be lifting heavy things!!!
  • Persephone67
    Options
    I would suggest doing 10-15 minutes a day of toning exercising and getting a little more protein in to support the muscle growth and toning. This will make you gain a few pounds because per square inch, muscle weighs more than fat, but you don't look like you need to lose any more, just tone up what you have.
  • malk2651
    malk2651 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Pick up heavy things. Then put them down. Repeat as necessary.
  • Zenjaeie
    Zenjaeie Posts: 95
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, but this wasn't exactly what I was looking for... any other answers?
  • pluckabee
    pluckabee Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Weight training will help get the results you are looking for.

Continued dieting will likely only make you smaller, but wont change your shape. Building muscle changes your body composition (so, it will affect where you hold your fat)

Lift HEAVY things
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, but this wasn't exactly what I was looking for... any other answers?
    Take a magic pill!!

Is that what you were looking for? Because everyone already said toning up/lifting is going to help you reach your goal.
    Hire a personal trainer - maybe you will believe them since you are paying for it.
  • Runhard13
    Runhard13 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Fat does not just " go away" proper diet will lose it but it will creep back you need to develop a strength training regime. Also you like most people need to stop focusing on how much they weigh and instead focus on you body fat composition ..that number will realistically tell you what you should or should not be doing
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    EDIT: I have been muscle training. But what is that going to do about my extended stomach/fat? Will it help that?
    It will if you keep at it. It will take time and patience and dedication...and stronglifts, and crunches and squats and lunges and deadlifts and compound lifts.... but it will help that.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Hi I weigh 94 lbs and I am unhappy with how my body looks.. I exercise all the time and I eat healthy but calorie restricted... Umm Sounds like you got a eating disorder there.. I would recommend talking to someone.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options

So what answer did you want to hear today?! We could just start there and this conversation will be a quick one!
  • ken_hogan
    Options

So what answer did you want to hear today?! We could just start there and this conversation will be a quick one!

Umm...this. What answers were you looking for on a free, public forum?