NO MCDONALDS

Options
Well I did it this morning!!!! didn't stop at McDonalds!!! I am so excited. One goal I need to accomplish.

Replies

• lizamichelle1
    lizamichelle1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Proud of you. I do that EVERY morning. Fight the urge for fast food breakfast. That darn Egg McMuffin! Luckily, since I leave my home so late, my McDonald line is so long I won't have time to get my food and make it to work in time.
  • geekette411
    geekette411 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Woot! Woot! Your body will thank you!
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Good for you! That is great! You don't need that poison!
  • shaleyn
    shaleyn Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Good for you! That is great! You don't need that poison!

lolz @ poison.

But good for you for accomplishing something you wanted to.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on practicing self control. =)
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Yay!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,566 Member
    Options
    Congrats on meeting a goal you set.

It's not "poison" nor really bad. A 300 calories sandwich is not excessive for a meal. And yes they use real eggs, cheese and ham, the same you would buy at a store.

It's positive for the OP to avoid if McDonald's is her vice and derails her from losing weight, but McDonald's is hardly poison.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    My goal for the day is to have a McD's double cheeseburger for lunch.

I'm still sore they took them off the dollar menu.

I might get a McWrap for dinner. Or one of the new Quarter Pounders.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Proud of you. I do that EVERY morning. Fight the urge for fast food breakfast. That darn Egg McMuffin! Luckily, since I leave my home so late, my McDonald line is so long I won't have time to get my food and make it to work in time.

That and the cost are the only reasons I don't start every day with an Egg McMuffin.
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options

It's not "poison" nor really bad. A 300 calories sandwich is not excessive for a meal. And yes they use real eggs, cheese and ham, the same you would buy at a store.

It's positive for the OP to avoid if McDonald's is her vice and derails her from losing weight, but McDonald's is hardly poison.

IDEA Fitness member

I highly disagree, but each to their own. You eat McD's everyday and I'll eat fresh foods from the farmers markets everyday and we'll see who dies first.
  • HelloNikki412
    HelloNikki412 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I gave up McDonalds 6 years ago..it's garbage
  • jonnythan
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

I highly disagree, but each to their own. You eat McD's everyday and I'll eat fresh foods from the farmers markets everyday and we'll see who dies first.

Probably you, because with 90 lbs to lose you're much more likely to get a host of diseases than someone like ninerbuff or me.

Of course, you're on MFP and you're trying to lose weight to change that. That's great. However, demonizing McDonald's by claiming it causes people to die if they consume it responsibly is just silly hogwash that does no one any good.

I find that people are much more likely to remain compliant in their weight loss/calorie management if they have a healthy view of food. That includes allowing themselves to eat food they enjoy, like McDonald's, without considering it evil poison. Virtually all of the most successful people I know have such a view, and almost everyone who demonizes fast food like you do are quite far from their goals.

tl;dr Eating McDonald's, even every day, will not shorten your lifespan if you do so responsibly.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I still haven't forgiven them for the atrocity that is the "McDouble." Give me a real double cheeseburger with TWO slices of cheese - not one.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    I still haven't forgiven them for the atrocity that is the "McDouble." Give me a real double cheeseburger with TWO slices of cheese - not one.

Um the double cheeseburger still on the menu. The McDouble is a new, separate item.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

Um the double cheeseburger still on the menu. The McDouble is a new, separate item.

Let me clarify - the atrocity of taking the double cheeseburger off of the dollar menu and replacing with "McDouble."
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I'm just pissed they discontinued the McLean. I liked those. :angry:
  • jonnythan
    Options

Let me clarify - the atrocity of taking the double cheeseburger off of the dollar menu and replacing with "McDouble."

Yes, well, I always wondered how they could sell a double cheeseburger for a dollar anyway. I guess turns out they couldn't.
  • TX_Aggie_Dad
    TX_Aggie_Dad Posts: 173
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Probably you, because with 90 lbs to lose you're much more likely to get a host of diseases than someone like ninerbuff or me.

Of course, you're on MFP and you're trying to lose weight to change that. That's great. However, demonizing McDonald's by claiming it causes people to die if they consume it responsibly is just silly hogwash that does no one any good.

I find that people are much more likely to remain compliant in their weight loss/calorie management if they have a healthy view of food. That includes allowing themselves to eat food they enjoy, like McDonald's, without considering it evil poison. Virtually all of the most successful people I know have such a view, and almost everyone who demonizes fast food like you do are quite far from their goals.

tl;dr Eating McDonald's, even every day, will not shorten your lifespan if you do so responsibly.

:drinker:
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    i used to find myself buying and eating stuff without remembering that i was doing it. I would have an empty chocolate bar wrapper in my hand before i got back to the car. I realized that i just wanted something from the store, so i started to spend that buck (that was going to get wasted anyways) on a $1 scratch-off lottery ticket. That way i was fulfilling the urge to get myself something, it kept my hands about as busy as a chocolate bar was, cost about the same, but didn't make me fat.
  • comm1t_1984
    comm1t_1984 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    congrat! i did :( i need that goal