NO MCDONALDS

Options

Replies

• melaniebuxton21
    melaniebuxton21 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue with this! This is a really good tip thank you! :)
  • Teardrop81
    Teardrop81 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Awesome non-scale victory!!! Congratulations! I know how it feels to exercise some self-control and feel completely empowered. GREAT JOB!!! :smile:
  • triathlete5301
    triathlete5301 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I still haven't forgiven them for the atrocity that is the "McDouble." Give me a real double cheeseburger with TWO slices of cheese - not one.

Um the double cheeseburger still on the menu. The McDouble is a new, separate item.

Let me clarify - the atrocity of taking the double cheeseburger off of the dollar menu and replacing with "McDouble."

I was SO pissed when this happened!!!! Just give me my damn extra slice of cheese! :grumble:
  • irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on meeting your goal!
  • melaniebuxton21
    melaniebuxton21 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i used to find myself buying and eating stuff without remembering that i was doing it. I would have an empty chocolate bar wrapper in my hand before i got back to the car. I realized that i just wanted something from the store, so i started to spend that buck (that was going to get wasted anyways) on a $1 scratch-off lottery ticket. That way i was fulfilling the urge to get myself something, it kept my hands about as busy as a chocolate bar was, cost about the same, but didn't make me fat.

Oops sorry am new to this! *I have the same issue with this! This is a really good tip thank you! :)
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Great job!

It NOT poison, but it isn't the healthiest choice. Everything in moderation!
  • Runhard13
    Runhard13 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I stop there almost every morning ..cant beat a dollar cup of coffee..their eggwhite delight or even fruit oatmeal isn't bad at all..
  • sluggz
    sluggz Posts: 134
    Options
    As delicious as the following list sounds, i'll stick to making my own food rather than this garbage. Make no mistake, just because you can lose weight eating it, doesn't mean its "healthy".

CANADIAN STYLE BACON:
    Ingredients: Pork, Water, Sugar, Salt, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Phosphate, Natural Flavor, Sodium Diacetate And Sodium Nitrite (Preservatives)

EGG:
    Ingredients: USDA Grade A Eggs.
    Prepared with Liquid Margarine: Liquid Soybean Oil and Hydrogenated Cottonseed and Soybean Oils, Water, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Salt, Soy Lecithin,
    Mono and Diglycerides, Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate (Preservatives), Artificial Flavor, Citric Acid, Vitamin A Palmitate, Beta Carotene (Color)

ENGLISH MUFFIN WITH 8 g WHOLE GRAIN:
    Ingredients: Enriched Bleached Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Water, Whole Wheat
    Flour, Yeast, Maltodextrin, Cornmeal, Contains 2% Or Less: High Fructose Corn Syrup, Wheat Gluten, Soybean Oil, Salt, Calcium Sulfate, Calcium Propionate
    (Preservative), Natural Flavor (Plant Source), Dough Conditioners (DATEM, Ascorbic Acid, Azodicarbonamide, Mono- and Tricalcium Phosphate, Enzymes), Calcium
    Citrate, Citric Acid, Wheat Starch, Torula Yeast, Caramel Color, Sorbitan Monostearate.

PASTEURIZED PROCESS AMERICAN CHEESE:
    Ingredients: Milk, Cream, Water, Cheese Culture, Sodium Citrate, Contains 2% or Less of: Salt, Citric Acid, Sodium Phosphate, Sorbic Acid (Preservative), Lactic
    Acid, Acetic Acid, Enzymes, Sodium Pyrophosphate, Natural Flavor (Dairy Source), Color Added, Soy Lecithin (Added for Slice Separation).

LIQUID MARGARINE:
    Ingredients: Liquid Soybean Oil and Hydrogenated Cottonseed and Soybean Oils, Water, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Salt, Soy Lecithin, Mono and
    Diglycerides, Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate (Preservatives), Artificial Flavor, Citric Acid, Vitamin A Palmitate, Beta Carotene (Color).
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!!!! You'll find the less that you eat it, the less you want it. I gave up that garbage about 3 years ago. Even the smell of it makes me sick to my stomach.

Now I still love me some burgers and fries but I prefer higher quality food and in a place like Manhattan it's everywhere. An indulgence needs to be worth it for me so Shake Shack/The Breslin/Minetta Tavern/21 Club burgers ALL DAY over that crap.
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Sorry to the certified trainer and nutrition expert above saying that an egg mcmuffin isn't poison.
    Maybe a muffin, egg and some ham with cheese isn't poison - that isn't what is in a McD McMuffin.

http://melruns.com/2012/01/the-egg-mcmuffin-deconstruction/
    Far too many chemicals to be considered food. It might taste good - doesn't make it nutritious or good for you -> poison.
  • shaleyn
    shaleyn Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    As delicious as the following list sounds, i'll stick to making my own food rather than this garbage. Make no mistake, just because you can lose weight eating it, doesn't mean its "healthy".

CANADIAN STYLE BACON:
    Ingredients: Pork, Water, Sugar, Salt, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Phosphate, Natural Flavor, Sodium Diacetate And Sodium Nitrite (Preservatives)

EGG:
    Prepared with Liquid Margarine: Liquid Soybean Oil and Hydrogenated Cottonseed and Soybean Oils, Water, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Salt, Soy Lecithin,
    Mono and Diglycerides, Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate (Preservatives), Artificial Flavor, Citric Acid, Vitamin A Palmitate, Beta Carotene (Color)

Ingredients: Enriched Bleached Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Water, Whole Wheat
    Flour, Yeast, Maltodextrin, Cornmeal, Contains 2% Or Less: High Fructose Corn Syrup, Wheat Gluten, Soybean Oil, Salt, Calcium Sulfate, Calcium Propionate
    (Preservative), Natural Flavor (Plant Source), Dough Conditioners (DATEM, Ascorbic Acid, Azodicarbonamide, Mono- and Tricalcium Phosphate, Enzymes), Calcium
    Citrate, Citric Acid, Wheat Starch, Torula Yeast, Caramel Color, Sorbitan Monostearate.

Ingredients: Milk, Cream, Water, Cheese Culture, Sodium Citrate, Contains 2% or Less of: Salt, Citric Acid, Sodium Phosphate, Sorbic Acid (Preservative), Lactic
    Acid, Acetic Acid, Enzymes, Sodium Pyrophosphate, Natural Flavor (Dairy Source), Color Added, Soy Lecithin (Added for Slice Separation).

LIQUID MARGARINE:
    Ingredients: Liquid Soybean Oil and Hydrogenated Cottonseed and Soybean Oils, Water, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Salt, Soy Lecithin, Mono and
    Diglycerides, Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate (Preservatives), Artificial Flavor, Citric Acid, Vitamin A Palmitate, Beta Carotene (Color).

At home I'd use either ham or bacon and butter, but otherwise, I don't see much difference....
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Sorry to the certified trainer and nutrition expert above saying that an egg mcmuffin isn't poison.
    Maybe a muffin, egg and some ham with cheese isn't poison - that isn't what is in a McD McMuffin.

http://melruns.com/2012/01/the-egg-mcmuffin-deconstruction/
    Far too many chemicals to be considered food. It might taste good - doesn't make it nutritious or good for you -> poison.

That is one of the worst articles I ever read. Full of flat-out lies and BS and vague scary words.
  • MaryLaura83
    MaryLaura83 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    awesome job!

tumblr_mmw5yp9Hkk1r1rq39o1_500.gif
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    that is awesome progress!! I broke down last week and stopped for lunch, first time in over 7 months and it was awful :sick: ...keep passing it every morning!! I started taking a different way so I don't pass as many fast food places, definitely beats temptation :wink:
  • Janet55555555555
    Options
    Good for you! Although it is okay once in a while, I still get a McCafe and exercise it off.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Here's a breakfast sandwich recipe in case any of you decide to make your own:

http://www.snack-girl.com/snack/breakfast-sandwich-recipe/

...because the frozen ones are not a good substitute:

http://www.snack-girl.com/snack/vitalicious-egg-n-cheese-sandwich/

..and lastly a post that breaks down the actual McDonald's one:

http://www.snack-girl.com/snack/mcdonalds-egg-mcmuffin-healthy/
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Poison
    Noun
    A substance that, when introduced into or absorbed by a living organism, causes death or injury, esp. one that kills by rapid action.

A little dramatic, are we?
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Congrats on meeting a goal you set.

It's not "poison" nor really bad. A 300 calories sandwich is not excessive for a meal. And yes they use real eggs, cheese and ham, the same you would buy at a store.

It's positive for the OP to avoid if McDonald's is her vice and derails her from losing weight, but McDonald's is hardly poison.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I highly disagree, but each to their own. You eat McD's everyday and I'll eat fresh foods from the farmers markets everyday and we'll see who dies first.

I disagree with you on this. There is no way you can say that because someone eats McDonalds (which I haven't eaten for over 30 years) will die first, and I am not talking about car accidents etc.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options

CANADIAN STYLE BACON:

EGG:

LIQUID MARGARINE:

I at McDonald's and Wendy's no fewer than 4 times/week (I still challenge anyone to find a day I haven't had a Wendy'd chili for lunch) and my HDL improved SO MUCH that my doctor asked me how the hell I did it. My triglycerides were also very low (.66) and everything else (with the exception of my iron which was ONLY .45 was "optimal". I had a baseline test also, REMARKABLE improvements. So umm... yeah. that's all.