My name is Amanda. I'm 22, overweight and anxious.

Options
-- 5'6"/210 lbs

My exercise of choice is walking and possibly running when I have the lungs to do so. I started walking to help with my stress and anxiety. Its said that a person with an anxiety disorder should exercise for 30 minutes a day. I try to go for 2 hours. I know, sounds like overkill for someone at my level but I enjoy it.

I use to walk often but lately, I've gotten more into procastinating. I really enjoy the "friends" feature on the MyFitnessPal app but I only have one "friend" and she doesn't even use it anymore. I'm looking for more "friends" to add who actively uses the functions that come with the feature. To motivate, support, encourage and applaud the progress made but also expect just as much activity back.

I'm open and willing to any and all friends but people with anxiety disorders and/or young and overweight are encouraged.

I'm not neccessarily sure how to add people who aren't already in my contacts or Facebook friends so knowledge on that would be nice too. Lol. :]

Also, my Runtastic is synced with MyFitnessPal.

Replies

• kriskris92
    kriskris92 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Sent you a request! Best of luck :)
  • kejw08
    kejw08 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi! I sent you a request!

I am Kate. I'm 28 with 75 lbs to lose. I just signed up today but I hope to be active on the site. I think seeing how much food/calories I am putting into my body will help keep me accountable!
  • mrsburghart
    mrsburghart Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Sending you a request. I've had anxiety problems since I was 15 (multiple visits to ER with panic attacks!) and I definitely agree that exercise does help.
  • hollygparr
    hollygparr Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Request sent, I've got anxiety too! Kick it's *kitten*!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I'm on here daily. Walking for 2 hours doesn't sound like overkill, sounds like you're off to a great start!!! When I started losing a few years ago before I did this, I did that every day for a couple months. Some in the morning, at lunch, and after work.
  • destiny364us
    destiny364us Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey Amanda, I am overweight and I am always looking for new friends. I have sent you a friend request.
  • MichelleP816
    MichelleP816 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Add me, I'm positive!
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    -- 5'6"/210 lbs

My exercise of choice is walking and possibly running when I have the lungs to do so. I started walking to help with my stress and anxiety. Its said that a person with an anxiety disorder should exercise for 30 minutes a day. I try to go for 2 hours. I know, sounds like overkill for someone at my level but I enjoy it.

I use to walk often but lately, I've gotten more into procastinating. I really enjoy the "friends" feature on the MyFitnessPal app but I only have one "friend" and she doesn't even use it anymore. I'm looking for more "friends" to add who actively uses the functions that come with the feature. To motivate, support, encourage and applaud the progress made but also expect just as much activity back.

I'm open and willing to any and all friends but people with anxiety disorders and/or young and overweight are encouraged.

I'm not neccessarily sure how to add people who aren't already in my contacts or Facebook friends so knowledge on that would be nice too. Lol. :]

Welcome. I too suffer from anxiety (no pills for this guy) I simply learned to cope with it even though it completely sucks sometimes.

Anyways, I find weight lifting very stress relieving oh. . . and listening to EDM helps a lot lol.

Walking is a great way to burn calories for a noob and also a great way to relieve stress. I walk my dog 45 min every other day as my cardio but I lift heavy 5-6 times a week so the walking/cardio is mainly to eat more.

If you are ready to make a change, you will no matter what it takes. For now, figure out your BMR and your TDEE and eat 500-750 below that.

Good luck :)
  • whitruss
    whitruss Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey, I've sent you a friend request.
    I'm Whitney, I'm 22 and also suffer from anxiety. I'm looking to make new friends as well.
  • Jbaby187
    Jbaby187 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent. I also to have MAAAAAAAAAAAJOR anxiety! If you need someone to relate with I am here =)
  • cmb67
    cmb67 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for more "friends" to add who actively uses the functions that come with the feature. To motivate, support, encourage and applaud the progress made but also expect just as much activity back.

I'd be happy to be friends, if you like. We're the same height, and I was only 15 pounds less than you when I started.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Exercise most definitely helps with anxiety. In fact, that's the main reason I do it. :laugh:
  • inclinedbeauty
    inclinedbeauty Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the support and friend requests!

Some friend request didn't make it through but I figured out how to add friends and not going through and sending out requests to the ones that didn't work.
  • inclinedbeauty
    Options
    EDM?
  • fitlaughl0ve
    fitlaughl0ve Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I too suffer from anxiety and a regular exercise routine has been the best treatment I could hope for! Feel free to add me if you need some support or just someone to relate to :)
  • tnpxx
    tnpxx Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request (: Feel free to message me any time!
  • inclinedbeauty
    Options
    More the merrier!
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'll add you right away! I've lived with ADD, GAD and some OCD for many years, so I know what anxiety is like! Believe me! Let me say that I've been working out 5-6 days a week for a month or so and my GAD (the worst one) has decreased by about 30-50%! No meds, etc have helped like exercise has. And the fact that I dropped some weight helps. Hang in there girl! I know it's no fun!

-- 5'6"/210 lbs

• inclinedbeauty
    Options
    Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
    There isn't enough thank yous to express the gratitude I have right now towards the overwhelming support from all.
  • hazel_fae
    hazel_fae Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have anxiety too and exercise helps a lot. But I also think diet plays a big role. Stay away from sugar and caffeine and high carb/starchy foods.