New to the forums

Options
Hi everyone!

My name is James and I've been on MFP for about almost 2 weeks but haven't acctually said anything on the forums, just quitely reading them. :-) I've recently successfully quit smoking and after getting my lung capacity back up to an acceptable level I've decided it's time to fix my diet and start exercising. I can remember being at 170-180 back in high school and somehow over the past 12 years I've rocked up to 250lbs. Ugh.....WTF did I do to myself?

MFP has been an eye opening expierence as I track my calories, I'm amazed at how many calories I was taking in with fast food and junk, and how much food I can still eat when I eat healthier foods. Some days I feel like I've eating everyting under the sky just to reach 2000 calories. :-P

This week starts my 2nd week and after some intense cardio sessions and watching my calorie intake I've dropped 6 lbs so far. I'm looking forward to being able to put my success story on these boards in the hope that I can inspire others the same way this community inspires me.

See ya'll around!

Replies

• nasansotta
    nasansotta Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome and God willing you will soon have a Success Story :) - all the best