Getting There! (Pics)

Options
I am a 26 year old mother of one. I have always been in decent shape throughout school with sports and other activities.

I love food. All food. Being able to cut down my portion sizes and the types of food I consumed was something I never really worried about.....I wanted to be thin and fit but I never really stuck with any plan to change. After seeing my "before" picture shown below I knew it was time to actually do something about my weight and health. That photo was taken at my daughter's 1st birthday party in December 2012.

31d112d7-c175-4210-a250-7a26523cbe9e_zps64fe245d.jpg

I would flip flop from one fad diet to another, tried Insanity, 30 Day Shred and Wii Fit. Even though I found them effective I got bored easily.

I finally decided to stick with something and since the 30 Day Shred was only 20 minutes it fit better into my schedule I decided on that one. I woke up at 5am, completed my workout, showered, got my daughter up, fed her breakfast, took her to daycare and then went on to work. Sometimes, when I was feeling up for it I would go for a jog in the evenings.

I did really well on the 30 Day Shred, in fact, I stayed with it for 6 total weeks. I felt fabulous. Although, it began to get harder and harder to wake up at 5am....

I then signed up for the Tough Mudder Michigan 2013 and I knew I had to get myself in gear and if I didn't there would be high prices to pay!

I worked my buns off...literally! Went to the gym, started weight training, went jogging and started healthier eating habits.

My team and I killed it at the TM and we had an absolute blast while doing it. The experience is nearly indescribable as it was just as much of an emotional experience as a physical one.

3 days ago I began a Raw Food Diet. I call it a diet, but its really carving a path for a healthier lifestyle. So far, I have lost 6lbs in 3 days in a healthy way, and my energy is through the roof. I feel better than ever, on top of the world!

In 27 days I hope to share more photos of my successful journey.

I do this all for my beautiful, amazing daughter. She deserves to have a healthy Mom!

Replies

• tanna82
    tanna82 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well done! Your hard work is paying off.
  • Sactown900
    Sactown900 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Good for you.
  • lauraellie10
    lauraellie10 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Fantastic story. And amazing progress pic. Well done xx
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep up the great work and I look forward to see an update in 27 days!! :flowerforyou:
  • DaniDC28
    DaniDC28 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look great!
  • jdenig
    jdenig Posts: 26
    Options
    Thanks everyone! We are all, always a "work in progress!" I appreciate all the positive feedback!
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Looking good! Keep it up!
  • czardastx
    czardastx Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Good job, the change is plain to see. Keep it up, you're looking fantastic!
  • jdenig
    jdenig Posts: 26
    Options
    I made it to my goal weight to be under 130lbs, I have now been at 129 for 3 weeks and doing well maintaining. Looking back at photos really helps me see how far I have come!

I can FINALLY say I am happy with my body and the work it continues to impress me with, 21 pounds down!

I don't think losing more will be part of my plans now, toning and maintaining are on my mind!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    You look good girl!!!! Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!