Kiwi's Weekly Weigh In - Week 18

Options
(Nevermind we skipped from 12-17, LOL).
Glad to see Jimjamjandles is all betters :)
How are the rest of you guys doing?

I had a wonderful holiday, although it was hot as all and humid the entire three weeks. On the food front, I got to see Trader Joe's and Whole Foods and fell in love with Fage greek yogurt (oh, how I miss it!). Believe it or not, I lost around 2kgs while on holiday and post holiday I've been adjusting to maintenance mode. Today is also day 2 of not smoking. I am just slightly grumpy.

I'm at an average of around 65.5kg for the last month (it cycles up and down around that weight). I am running a 10K the first weekend of October and I'm trying yoga for the first time this arvo. I also discovered exactly what that Bin Inn shop nearby our house sells: awesome whole foods that you can buy out of bins in bulk and a huge number of organic and such products. It also sells a jar of almond butter that's twice the size than the one you can get in Countdown for just about the same price (So suck it, organic supermarket aisle... you're not seeing me again).

Replies

• goldspaula
    goldspaula Posts: 161
    Options
    Oh my goodness! It is so good to see where you started and where you are right now less than a year later!!! You are my hero! I'm brand new to the site, well a little better than a month now, and you are the first post that I've seen in maintenance.

Thank you so much for brightening my day.
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! It is so good to see where you started and where you are right now less than a year later!!! You are my hero! I'm brand new to the site, well a little better than a month now, and you are the first post that I've seen in maintenance.

Thank you so much for brightening my day.

Thank you so much! There are a few maintenance members I've seen around here, and I also love seeing how people manage to keep it off because I struggled with doing that in the past. I'm determined to stick with using MFP as a maintenance tool. At the moment I'm concentrating on "cleaner eating" and trying new, tasty recipes.

I wish you all the best for your own journey, and thank *you* for brightening my day.
  • jimjamjandles
    Options
    (Nevermind we skipped from 12-17, LOL).
    Glad to see Jimjamjandles is all betters :)
    How are the rest of you guys doing?

I had a wonderful holiday, although it was hot as all and humid the entire three weeks. On the food front, I got to see Trader Joe's and Whole Foods and fell in love with Fage greek yogurt (oh, how I miss it!). Believe it or not, I lost around 2kgs while on holiday and post holiday I've been adjusting to maintenance mode. Today is also day 2 of not smoking. I am just slightly grumpy.

I'm at an average of around 65.5kg for the last month (it cycles up and down around that weight). I am running a 10K the first weekend of October and I'm trying yoga for the first time this arvo. I also discovered exactly what that Bin Inn shop nearby our house sells: awesome whole foods that you can buy out of bins in bulk and a huge number of organic and such products. It also sells a jar of almond butter that's twice the size than the one you can get in Countdown for just about the same price (So suck it, organic supermarket aisle... you're not seeing me again).

Haha, I was actually wondering if this was still going - I am yet to weigh myself yet as I am trying to get my bearings back on exercise and eating well!! My current aim is to try and exercise daily and watch what I eat (calorie wise) - The best thing is that my health is back on track!!
    Read my blog its pretty cut short to try and explain what I was going through!! :)

Great to see some of the girls are still here - Somigliana - you are an inspiration to so many of us!!
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Haha, I was actually wondering if this was still going - I am yet to weigh myself yet as I am trying to get my bearings back on exercise and eating well!! My current aim is to try and exercise daily and watch what I eat (calorie wise) - The best thing is that my health is back on track!!
    Read my blog its pretty cut short to try and explain what I was going through!! :)
    Great to see some of the girls are still here - Somigliana - you are an inspiration to so many of us!!

Awww thank you!!
    Hope you're having a good week. I've gone and given up smoking and it's DAY-4 today. So I'm a little groucy and out of sorts, but coping :)