How Often do you Weight Yourself?

Options

Replies

• chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Due to a chemical imbalance in my brain, I realized weighing myself only contriubted to my imbalance; therefore, I no longer weigh myself.

All jokes aside...honestly, I no longer weigh myself and I go based off how I feel and how my clothes are fitting. There were far too many days where the number on the scale determined what type of day I was going to have. Finally got sick and tired of it and decided until I was happy with what I saw in the mirror, thats when I shall step on the scale.

p.s. pictures help too.....and naked if you're okay with that sorta thing :)
  • LauraBalyk
    LauraBalyk Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Once a week, I suggest you do measurements too, scales can be mean sometimes, but when you see that you are loosing inches, it makes it all worth it ! :)
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I do it when I'm at the gym for fun, just to see.
    I don't take that number seriously.
    It's the inches I measure on my arms, hips, thighs, waist and bust that count for me.
    And so far, in 4 weeks, I've lost about 13 inches and my weight has remained the same at 190 lbs.
    Physically, I look smaller but my mass is the same. All muscle now, baby!
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Once a week - but I only log if its gone down. That's being female for you - I refuse to let my hormones undermine me!:bigsmile:

Saturday am after bathroom, before cup of tea. I also measure with tape measure.
  • GinaMarieG27
    GinaMarieG27 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning but I only log Monday's weight.

me too!
  • jcdynan
    jcdynan Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good Point! Thanks
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Every morning, but it's not a big deal or anything. I just try to get an idea of the weekly average.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Every day. 6-10 times a day. It's a sickness. lol
  • Territravel
    Territravel Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Weigh and measure once a week. Less stressful that way!
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I WEIGH in once a month at the doctor's office.
  • Debbjones
    Debbjones Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I weigh my self daily.
    It's become an addiction.

Apparently it's also a form of bulimia.

I too weigh myself daily... sometimes more than once a day. I know it is not healthy, but if I don't monitor my weight I under eat and starve myself. Everyone is different, I like to think I am collecting data points and establishing trends.

I don't believe it is a form of bulimia... agreed it is a sign of "disordered eating", yes an official medical term used by many medical professionals... but not a full blown eating disorder such as bulimia. Just my thoughts...
  • Caitu13
    Caitu13 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Once a week, either on Monday but usually I forget so Tuesday morning first thing.
  • shaleyn
    shaleyn Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Every morning, sometimes every evening... it fascinates me how my body fluctuates.
  • Jennjo322
    Jennjo322 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Once a week..it's too stressful for me if I don't see a loss!! Lol
  • tlmcint
    tlmcint Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I weight in and measure weekly on Sunday mornings before eating anything.
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I"m going into public health and worked on a weight-loss study that showed significance if a person weight themselves almost everyday compared to once or twice a week. The study showed that people took note of what they did right or wrong the previous day based on how their weight fluctuated and made corrections the next day. While this was relatively small (about 90 participants), it is significant. But I know weighing yourself everyday isn't for everybody (it is for me!) You just have to focus on the positives and not get bogged down by day to day fluctuations.
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Every time i go to gym... i don't really care though. I use the mirror and measurements for real progress.
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I use the mirror and measurements for real progress.

Once a week. I totally agree that you shouldn't judge progress on the number you see on the scale. That can be affected by so much. Count how you feel, how your clothes feel. The numbers on a tape measure over-ride the numbers you see on a scale, for me.
  • Lorijp
    Lorijp Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly that way if I show that I'm gaining I can watch it better. I would only measure monthly or every few months.
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Here's what I've heard, and it makes a lot of sense to me: While you're losing weight, weigh once a week (same day of week and time of day). This allows you seven days of effort that will give you more of a payoff when you do weigh in. And, by the way, one pound a week is good weight loss.

When you are maintaining your weight (most agree this is harder than losing weight), you should weigh every day (same time of day). This builds the habit of weighing regularly and gives you immediate feedback if you're slipping into weight gain. I've struggled with my weight forever, and for the most part I would avoid weighing at all -- only to find out I'd gained back 30-40 lbs. Had I been weighing every day, I might not have had to much to lose. If you're a very petite small person with very little fat, you will usually feel weight gain in your clothing and may not need to get on the scale every day to know that you need to cut back. For a large person like myself in past years, my clothes were usually quite roomy and elasticized, so weight gain would not necessarily be detected so soon in my clothes.