Shocking words from my Grandma.

Options

Replies

• SteveStedge1
    SteveStedge1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Grandma's advice was "shocking"? How so?

She's from a "different time"? You mean one where we didn't have a >50% divorce rate and >40% out of wedlock births? There weren't 54 million aborted babies?

Yeah, they were really stupid back then. Morals? Values? PLEASE! Who needs that ****?

Families today are awesome and have no ill effects on children right? Growing up in a single-parent household isn't the biggest factor in bad outcomes later in life right?

The truth about couples from match.com the man is usually taller, older, makes more money.

Of course today everyone is so smart we don't need things like values or to teach children right from wrong when the media and govt can do that for us.

Wow wow wow. So much for respecting your elders. I suppose she hasn't learned **** in life. Glad you are so smart you should educate her about how to have a successful marriage and raise a great family.

Oh wait...you've done none of those things yet.
  • TheRightWeigh
    TheRightWeigh Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Yeah...could definitley just be words from another generation.

You could just never tell your spouse's age to her...i mean, like how often could that possibly come up? lol *shrug*
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Sounds silly to me. But if you have a good relationship with her, smile, nod, and say thank you. No need to get into a fight over it if you two already have a good relationship.
  • quirkytizzy
    Options

She's from a "different time"? You mean one where we didn't have a >50% divorce and >70 out of wedlock births?

Yeah, they were really stupid back then. Morals? Values? PLEASE! Who needs that ****?

Families today are awesome and have no ill effects on children right? Growing up in a single-parent household isn't the biggest factor in bad outcomes later in life right?

The truth about couples from match.com the man is usually taller, older, makes more money.

Of course today everyone is so smart we don't need things like values or to teach children right from wrong when the media and govt can do that for us.

Wow wow wow. So much for respecting your elders. I suppose she hasn't learned **** in life. Glad you are so smart you should educate her about how to have a successful marriage and raise a great family.

Whoa, hold onto yer britches there, sir. (Ma'm?) Where in the world did that outburst come from? Projecting much?
  • TheRightWeigh
    Options

She's from a "different time"? You mean one where we didn't have a >50% divorce and >70 out of wedlock births?

Harsh much??

I mean, I tend to agree that values and morals nowadays seem to have declined, but i mean...dag, get off the homie, SON lol
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I don't think you were out of line, but her rule #3 is probably true. If Grandma doesn't like the person, they are probably not a good person. The rest are all hogwash.

Depends on if she decides to like the person based on the first two rules. Which, as you stated, are hogwash.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    My great grandma would leave the room whenever a black person came on tv.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I heart Grandma's! Mine was the best, she had a gay boyfriend...unfortunately, she had no clue he was gay...HE had no clue he was her boyfriend!
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    You're grandma and my grandma should play canasta together. lol
  • Geojerm
    Geojerm Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I think your grandma sounds awesome! In a crazy, controlling over bearing kind of a way........

this... it came from a place of love, and although probably not the best way she could've put it...

choose wisely young grasshopper :smokin:
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    The only advice I got was from my Dad and he said

"Marry a woman that can cook, because love gets old & sex gets old but you'll always be hungry!"
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

She's from a "different time"? You mean one where we didn't have a >50% divorce rate and >40% out of wedlock births? There weren't 54 million aborted babies?

Everything is going to be okay. Her rules were a bit silly, and the OP was just expressing himself. Please calm down.
  • quirkytizzy
    Options
    The only advice I got was from my Dad and he said

"Marry a woman that can cook, because love gets old & sex gets old but you'll always be hungry!"

:laugh: That's awesome. I choose men who can cook. Every one of them has turned out to be a fantastic cook. It's like I've got a sixth sense about it. Omnomnomnom.......
  • TheRightWeigh
    Options
    My great grandma would leave the room whenever a black person came on tv.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Good ol' fashioned racism...old people are funny. I would be a little offended, but mostly amused.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options

Oh my fkn god...really? let me guess...

nevermind. Ill just keep that thought to myself.
  • booncey
    booncey Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I heart Grandma's! Mine was the best, she had a gay boyfriend...unfortunately, she had no clue he was gay...HE had no clue he was her boyfriend!

Hilarious!!!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Why can't all grandmas be like Betty White?

tumblr_lq4g8fulMs1qblguqo1_r3_250.gif
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options

I have no idea what I did to deserve this but it is shocking to me in relation to her own daughter(my mother) where you would think that my grandma would not be as old fashion because her daughters including my mother don't agree with majority of her rules.

Thanks for calling me a dumb *kitten* for not knowing my grandma well enough to know how she thinks.
  • Dominque61
    Dominque61 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    well put, the young man thinks he knows more than his elders at twice his age...that's just silly. ALL of Grandma's words make sense, even if you choose to ignore them.
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options

Obligatory...

umad.gif