AHHH Two weeks of the grave yard shift!!! What to eat??

Options
Hi Everyone,

So my normal schedule is generally 4pm-12am so I try and make the biggest meal of the day lunch because I sit on my butt all day at a desk and do my workouts just before or after lunch. Well next week I am covering the 12am-8am shift for two weeks and have no clue what I will eat these days. I don't know if it would be smart to eat a big meal or stick to small snacks during the evening. Even worse is trying to figure out how the heck I'm going to throw in my work outs. I'm too tired in the morning ( dunno why I work on a computer all night). I usually try and sleep by 10 am then up by 10pm, I know that seems like a lot of sleep but I have a dog so I generally get up every few hours to take my dog out side for 30 mins (boxer he has wayyyyy too much energy haha)

Does anyone have tips to help me get threw the next few weeks??? It would be much appreciated!

OHH I will be biking to work which is about 30min of uphill down hill side hill (hahaha) you get my drift.

Thanks!!

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Treat it like a normal work day if possible.. wake up, eat something before work.. pack a lunch and snacks for work, after work eat your meal.. go to bed.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

So my normal schedule is generally 4pm-12am so I try and make the biggest meal of the day lunch because I sit on my butt all day at a desk and do my workouts just before or after lunch. Well next week I am covering the 12am-8am shift for two weeks and have no clue what I will eat these days. I don't know if it would be smart to eat a big meal or stick to small snacks during the evening. Even worse is trying to figure out how the heck I'm going to throw in my work outs. I'm too tired in the morning ( dunno why I work on a computer all night). I usually try and sleep by 10 am then up by 10pm, I know that seems like a lot of sleep but I have a dog so I generally get up every few hours to take my dog out side for 30 mins (boxer he has wayyyyy too much energy haha)

Does anyone have tips to help me get threw the next few weeks??? It would be much appreciated!

OHH I will be biking to work which is about 30min of uphill down hill side hill (hahaha) you get my drift.

Thanks!!

The same things you would normally eat?
  • IceyBaby96
    IceyBaby96 Posts: 36
    Options
    Treat it like a normal work day if possible.. wake up, eat something before work.. pack a lunch and snacks for work, after work eat your meal.. go to bed.

I was always told you shouldn't eat heavy after midnight lol. I don't generally but I was more curious as to eating meats at 3am.. Then after two weeks switching back. HAHA Thanks!!! That helps!
  • Evilmuffin666
    Evilmuffin666 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I was in Afghanistan and I did six months of midnights. Personally, I loved it..... When I got off at 7 am, I had a quick breakfast, then I went to the gym. Did my workout, showered and then went to bed. Sometimes I would get up a couple of hours before my shift started, sometimes I would sleep until it was time to go on shift unless there was an attack, then sleep was not an option. It took about 3 days to switch over but once I was switched, I got into a routine. Do the same things you do now, but at the new time.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options

I was always told you shouldn't eat heavy after midnight lol. I don't generally but I was more curious as to eating meats at 3am.. Then after two weeks switching back. HAHA Thanks!!! That helps!

You can eat heavy after midnight and eat meat at 3am :smile: if it is still fitting in your calorie goal. Yes, your body will start to adjust to the new time of the shift and then two weeks have to adjust back, but other than that you can eat the same things.
  • IceyBaby96
    Options

You can eat heavy after midnight and eat meat at 3am :smile: if it is still fitting in your calorie goal. Yes, your body will start to adjust to the new time of the shift and then two weeks have to adjust back, but other than that you can eat the same things.

Ohh!! Ok! Thanks so much!!! Appreciate it!
  • IceyBaby96
    Options
    I was in Afghanistan and I did six months of midnights. Personally, I loved it..... When I got off at 7 am, I had a quick breakfast, then I went to the gym. Did my workout, showered and then went to bed. Sometimes I would get up a couple of hours before my shift started, sometimes I would sleep until it was time to go on shift unless there was an attack, then sleep was not an option. It took about 3 days to switch over but once I was switched, I got into a routine. Do the same things you do now, but at the new time.

Thanks!!!
  • shaleyn
    shaleyn Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Eat alll teh foodz! :drinker: