I think I'm dehydrated.

2»

Replies

• Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    ok so how many oz per cup is the "rule"? i know its 8 glasses a day....my cups are big cups. well not giant but just the big tall ones. not sure how many oz though.

The generic rule is eight 8-oz cups/day - so 64 total oz. That may be perfectly enough for some people, but others (like myself) may need to drink more than that. I was slightly dehydrated drinking 7-9 cups a day - it was causing a problem with the lining of my lungs. My doctor told me to drink 12 to 16 cups a day and that has taken care of the problem. I need more water than "average" because I've significantly increased my exercise (I sweat more), I live in a dry climate, I live at a high altitude, and it's summer time.
  • It's internal effect is to be extremely alkalizing, we are talking fresh that you squeeze.
  • rockinmomto3
    rockinmomto3 Posts: 97 Member
    You have to get used to it. I used to drink tons of water, but a few months ago, my body started acting all wacky. I have no idea what was going on, but every time I even drank a sip of water, my tummy hurt. I just started drinking a bit more every day, and now I can drink water all day long without feeling sick. Just force yourself to drink a bit more every day, and it'll get better.
This discussion has been closed.