Veggies and lean protein meal options

Options
I am in search of meal options/snacks where the ingredients include lean protein and veggies only. I have been eating the same foods (lots of salads) for several weeks now. I'm fine at the moment but will eventually get burned out.

Does anyone have suggestions?

Replies

• CajunTexan33
    CajunTexan33 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I love the bags of individually packaged frozen tilapia from HEB. Those are really quick to defrost and add quick lean protein to any salad! They are also great rolled up with some seaweed paper and crushed red pepper flakes! I Get fresh almond butter from the store and keep it at work and have that as a snack with an apple during the day or the individual nut mix packs (200 cals). I also get the Raw Bars from Whole Foods or Central Market as a great emergency snack for myself. I love kidney bean and black beans to add a little protein to my salads or rotisserie chicken or some shaved turkey deli meat for a quick protein snack from the fridge. I am also a big fan of the 100% cage free liquid egg whites- i cook up a piece of turkey bacon and throw it in the eggs with some peppers, mushrooms, jalepenos & onions for another great meal option. I am a protein shake addict as well- I have one every morning or after work- find a nice protein powder and I like to use unsweetened vanilla almond milk with frozen berries like blueberry, blackberry or acai...not sure how low carb you are eating but I have some more ideas if you need!
  • ea101367
    ea101367 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is : sliced up beef or chicken stir fried in coconut oil with onions, peppers ( all colors) and zuchinni.
    I like to top with a dollop of full fat sour cream . yum
  • sherriwedel
    sherriwedel Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    ...keep the ideas coming, I'm about to gag just thinking about another salad...& boneless skinless grilled chicken breast are getting old & I'm only two weeks into this :/
  • superjean1
    superjean1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Google paleo recipes and you'll find LOTS of great ones.
  • CajunTexan33
    CajunTexan33 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I love ground turkey meat chili w/ kidney beans or ground turkey meat with spicy taco mix, low carb or corn tortilla, avocado and tons of veggies! Or skip the tortiall and just throw everything on top of a salad!
  • pchesnut
    pchesnut Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I just found an awesome recipe for quinoa and black beans. Because quinoa is a complete protein it fits into my macros very well. I get tired of salad too so I have been doing a lot of talapia and salmon. They are both very lean and super delish.
  • mg234080
    mg234080 Posts: 29
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I just realized that I haven’t had chicken stir-fry or chicken fajitas in a long time. I, too, have been eating grilled or baked skinless, boneless chicken breasts. I have been eating egg white omelets with turkey bacon and veggies but I don’t really care for eggs so sometimes I just cook the turkey bacon with veggies or eat a side of raw veggies with turkey bacon.

I get the fresh raw almond butter but I overindulge because it’s so yummy so I have to bring a tablespoon full in a container to work at time otherwise I’ll eat two-three tablespoons in one sitting.Not only am I working on what I eat but I am also battling portion control.
  • JohnMatrix
    JohnMatrix Posts: 59
    Options
    I eat brocolli, ground turkey, peppers and flaxseed oil (1/2 tbs over a pound of broc) all the time. Salt for some taste.