i'm a huge fan of one pieces.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I don't like the color.
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm the odd one out. I think it looks totally hot! I wish my wife would buy something like that rather than the granny suits she gets! :laugh:

This is NOT a jab at you at all, but have you TOLD your wife (or shown her?) the types of suits you'd like to see her in? I only ask because, as a wife of a guy I still totally lust after, I would be wearing granny suits too...thinking I'd embarrass him / turn him off with my flab otherwise. As it is, I'm so conscious of my flab now (that I'm actively trying to lose it, ironically) that I don't even OWN a bathing suit at the moment....and I'm a native Floridian who has basically "hung it all out "(literally) most of my life.

Encouraging words from you, with a gentle nudge toward a suit you like, might help her.....hell, tell her to start off in the back yard. That's what I'll be doing to break back into the bathing suit world...
  • CountingCaloriesSuxass
    CountingCaloriesSuxass Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I think its hot.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I like it, except for the butt.

Although tan lines are going to be a b*tch.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    you gon' look like a grilled steak.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm steak.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Cute! It's definitely a statement piece.

I can't pull off the monokini look.
    But if you can....go for it! :)
  • DeathListFive
    DeathListFive Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    http://www.bcbg.com/Halter-Crochet-Monokini/7MA17013-710,default,pd.html?dwvar_7MA17013-710_color=710&cgid=&navid=search#q=crochet&start=6

I just bought my second swimsuit in a month. Without trying it on, online.

I thought that the gold crochet style is hot. What do you think?

It has that zoom thing, so I can't post the picture into this post.

1) If you like it, go for it. (Personally, I like it, but I have odd tastes.)
    2) Pay no mind to people who are gawking at the price tag. Obviously they don't realize that most bathing suits are pretty expensive unless they're from a walmart/target rack. Even then, they're still still pricey for what they are in my opinion.
    3) I could have sworn at first you said "I thought that the gold crotch style is hot." Yay dyslexia. :laugh:
  • Amazonbella
    Amazonbella Posts: 338
    Options
    One, like it for you and no one else! So you like it, go for it :)

Two, I think it's cute and fashion forward, but wish it came in a different color-I'd say punch it up with colorful accessories!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    i don't like it.

but it's going on YOUR body and you love it....

so it's a WIN WIN!
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Not my taste, but if you like it then go for it!

If we all liked the same style then there would be no individuality.
  • LePetitCochon
    Options
    Not a fan

ETA: But I'm not the one wearing it.
  • NomadicFlame
    Options
    Not all that nice to be honest. It looks old fashioned (like something my mom would have knitted) and as has been said you would have a serious messed up sun tan.

And wet it would not look pretty.
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    i think it's ugly and impractical. sorry.
    Sorry but it looks like an expensive potato sack.

Basically. The material wouldn't stand up to anything other than laying prone in the sun, and if that's the only thing it's really good for than that sucks, because the tan lines created from that thing is going to make laying in the sun a lot of work with sunscreen applications.
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    If you look like that model - go for it! Otherwise no...
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I might be wrong, but it looks like if you get it wet, it will stretch and the crotch and *kitten* will dangle. I think it looks nice, but I'd be afraid to actually swim in it.
  • bronnyd
    bronnyd Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    It's pretty, but I'd want to try it on first. The knit is going to be prone to stretching, so if you get the wrong size (too small), it's not going to look good. (IMO)

I assume I can return it if it does not fit.
    But they only had one size available - S. Since I now wear 2-4, I think S should be a fairly safe choice.

I'd clarify that with the company before you buy it....a swimsuit is actually quite commonly one of the things you CAN'T return if it doesn't fit due to "hygienic" reasons.

Either way it's cute though.
  • IronMikeFox
    IronMikeFox Posts: 458
    Options
    Hey Spinderella. No offense taken at all. LOL ... I have VERY FREQUENTLY let my wife know what I would like to see her in and she has, in no uncertain terms, let me know that she is in her 40's and granny suits are what is appropriate for that age. Blecht ... I say! LOL
  • playgun
    playgun Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I like it!
  • BeautyDoll
    BeautyDoll Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Look like it will strectch once the water hits it. Go to TJMAXX and get something cute for under $30.