Birth control.

Options
Yesterday my doctor prescribed me to low ogestrel birth control. I did not for contraception, but for my out of wack hormones. Period is way irregular, but also because I'd loose a ton of a weight them my body would freak out on me and it'd all come back on! Any ladies or any men's wife take Low Ogestrel BC? How did it effect you and your wight loss

Replies

• run2bfree
    run2bfree Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    hi. i am in the same boat as far as being wacky & irregular. you can gain water weight - I do each month - its a sad 5 to 6lbs like clockwork now - best thing to do is not trip out when you do. don't weight yourself either... just journal your bloating, cravings, moods and when it happens so you can prepare yourself with GOOD/Healthy indulgent snacks. I always crave salt, carbs and chocolate - so I stock up with chocolate rice cakes and plantain chips. Drink lots of water too and don't skip a workout just because its that time! :)

good luck!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I gain 10lbs during PMS and feel like a beached whale...but it's gone a few days after TOM. My hormones are out of whack too, and even being on BC isn't helping. Also watch your calcium, vitamin D and magnesium intake, that helps a lot with hormone balance.
  • ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I'm on regular Ogestrel (stronger hormones) and have zero issues with weight loss. I think sometimes maybe I have stronger cravings than the general public does for food/food types, but other than that it's been a non-issue.
  • TMcChamp
    TMcChamp Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I've been on regular single phase birth control for 2-3 years and managed to lose weight no problems, had no weight fluctuations when on sugar/non active pills.