Talk to me about P90X

bk2011
bk2011 Posts: 268
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Yep...just that...is it worth it? I have 60lbs to lose, but know that my post-baby body is not going to be the same as my pre-baby body even once I achieve the weight loss. So will P90x tone and define me, for real? Is there anyone out there it didn't work for? What do I need in addition to what they supply, if anything? Let me hear about any and all successes and failures. THANKS!

Replies

• newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    im alomst to day 90 if you look at my pics on my profile you can see the differance it has made in just 60 days
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    would like to no how much dose it cost:noway: have to figure in to my budget more than my time. would like to try
  • tierra85
    tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
    In my opinion its worth every penny. Every work out is something you'd do in a gym but without having to go to the gym (which is great being a mom). I keep up the intensity because i have to keep up with Tony, which i cant say i do on my own. I used to find excuses to not go to the gym. Now i dont even have to put on make up or care what anyone thinks about me and just put the DVD on. I've been doing it for almost 30 days and its goings great. I feel like im getting stronger. All i had to buy when i got the dvd was weights (i bought 5lbs and 8lbs to start. i might have to get a couple 10 pounders soon). You need a chin up bar but i use bands instead. and a mat ( for the ab exercises and yoga).

I have a free coach through beach body, after she had her child she did P90X and it toned her up and shes look great now. For the workout its self... i sweat more then i ever did at the gym. Im working muscles i wouldn't think to on my own. you'll workout and tone your whole body. Every disk is different and they mix it up so your body doesn't get used to the same workout. I could go on and on. I cant say enough good things about it.. but thats just my opinion. Its really hard at first but as long as you commit and put the disk in its gets easier each time. Im so addicted i want to try insanity or Brazilian butt lift next!!
  • MyYing
    MyYing Posts: 13 Member
    It works, although they seriously should put a label on it "Not for beginners" >_<. I only say this because all the people in the video itself are super-fit and yet still struggle in certain work-outs. I am constantly sore, too because it is a true full-body workout via all the discs. It's engaging so don't worry about being bored; I don't even realize sometimes that the hour is over. And I've noticed in the beginning where I couldn't grab my leg or touch the floor, just after a couple of weeks I can now, so yay to me :D!
  • tierra85
    tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
    I would agree its not for most beginners but neither was i. i still cant do alot of the moves but as tony says "do you best and forget the rest" lol :) the improvement is so rewarding
  • mariabee
    mariabee Posts: 212 Member
    So worth it! I paid $150 at Walmart but I've seen it for as low as $120, but didn't get the chin up bar yet. I think that's around $20. Sorry, I didn't look at your profile to see if you're a beginner or just getting back into exercise, but maybe start off with Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, I think it's only around $20??

Insanity is awesome too, but I find it quite challenging still.

@maximillianm - AGREED - not for beginner's, but you can work your way up to doing chin ups, right?
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    It only works if you commit 90 days to do the program - no excuses.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    thats great glad to hear you can get it at wall-mart :laugh: the thing is i"m not a beginner i.m just really fat right now i still exercise alot and know my weight will start dropping off:huh: this is like the 3 time i have been fat and i never learn this time is the last
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    The only way P90X is sold in a Wal-mart is in Canada. You can check out prices and other programs by Beachbody @ www.teamwalkerfitness.com. My husband is an Independent Beachbody coach and he is authorized to sell P90X.
  • MyYing
    MyYing Posts: 13 Member
    Well I feel you on that. I have enough blubber around my waist that prevents me from doing certain moves.
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Copied from earlier post on this topic:

It may depend on what you're looking for. It is an intense workout and requires a lot of dedication. If you're wanting to lose weight, you will. If you're wanting to get stronger, you will.

I am now in the phase 3 of the 3-phase program. I can tell you that if you are looking for the infomercial-type results, you will have to follow the program very strictly, especially the nutrition plan. To get those amazing results, I'd be prepared to use supplements & shakes, eat several small meals/day, eat cleanly, become educated on proper eating & how to set your health goals, use a heart rate monitor and be able to plan your day effectively to allow for everything.

I finally got around to buying a heart rate monitor and have found that my total calorie burn on the workouts is about half what they suggested. So for the first 2 months I've been eating too many calories and not seeing the type of visible results I wanted even though I definitely am bringing it each night. Now that I've reduced my caloric intake I'm seeing the weight fall off. In fact I'm losing more than I thought I'd ever need to lose to start seeing abs, but they are now coming in. I just wish I found this out earlier. Now I gotta figure out how to put on more mass.
This discussion has been closed.