how long do you spend weight training

Options
snowfox1
snowfox1 Posts: 128 Member
How long do people spend on a weight training per session if doing 3 days per week? (not including any cardio)

Replies

• snowfox1
    Options
    bump
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    about 40 minutes per session
  • sidegrinder
    sidegrinder Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I try to keep it under an hr per session. Usually right around 45-50min. Some days I do a workout before work and another after, it all depends on how energetic Im feeling.
  • dieselinmyveins6
    Options
    I can clock in a solid 3hrs when I'm full of energy, 5-6 days a week. You can say its my second home lol. It is not necessary however to spend that much time for a work out, I just enjoy it.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I usually do a 1-2 mile run and then 30-40 minutes of weights
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I think it takes me 30 to 45 minutes. I usually do 5 sets of 5 reps. Although I lift the heaviest weight I can handle with good form, I don't take long breaks. I do a 2-day split program.
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    40-60 min 3xweekly. It depends on how much time I need between sets.
  • agate69b
    agate69b Posts: 1
    Options
    55 minutes 3x a week with a trainer, plus gardening 3x a week, which is always toting, lifting, digging, squats..... weight training with immediate gratification. :bigsmile:
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    about 25-35 minutes 3x's per week.
  • snowfox1
    Options
    thanks for all the responses guys! :)
  • judith_smithcmt
    judith_smithcmt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I primarily use my total gym these days, a full upper body session takes about 25-30 minutes, sometimes longer as I work out in the living room and sometimes get interrupted. I am recovering from a broken ankle so only doing limited weight training on the lower body, about 30 squats per session on the TG, takes about 10 minutes and even that pushes my limits some days.
  • snowfox1
    Options
    I have been doing about 25-30 min 3 days a week, 4x10reps with about 6-8 diff exercises was just seeing if it was enough, thinking I may need to add a few more...
  • DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    45 - 50 minutes three times a week
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    2 hours if I'm outside distracted. Hour and a half if I'm indoors and focused. Maybe it's just hella hotter outside and slows me down. I dunno. I do a full body kettlebell workout and some body weight fitness stuff too: pushups, situps, planks, side planks, leg lifts, etc.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    3 times a week, 60 to 90 minutes.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Too long. I spend way too little time doing something and way too much time having to "rest" so I can do another set. Total time is probably 45 minutes or so-of that, maybe 10-12 is actually doing something.
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    10 minute cardio warm-up, 45 minutes of weight training, and if I have the energy, 15-20 minutes of cardio post strength training. This, 4 times/week.
  • snowfox1
    Options
    10 minute cardio warm-up, 45 minutes of weight training, and if I have the energy, 15-20 minutes of cardio post strength training. This, 4 times/week.

you look amazing! I am wanting similar results, add me if you like :)
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    About an hour give or take.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Around an hour. I do NROLFW 3x/week. By the time the hour, hour and 15 passes the only CARdio that gets done is booking it to the car.