Sorry that post is for Sophie
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Sorry that post is for Sophie

Omg I'm so sorry to hear that :cry: Sophie gives kisses for you! :heart:
  • Healthytobex2
    Options
    No it depends on the breed of do you have, I have a male newfoundland and he weights 70 kilos (154 pounds) which is right for his build and height

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151641331523280&set=a.425965143279.201612.511298279&type=1&theater
  • angelams1019
    Options
    @Healthytobex2

946543_10151641331523280_1614192570_n.jpg

He's a big bear!! I wanna squeeze him! :flowerforyou:
  • serendipity57
    serendipity57 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Thanks it's not your fault , I just saw the pic of Sophie and it was like looking at my Sasha...they certainly take a piece of your heart don't they.....Sophie is just beautiful though, you are very lucky to have her.
  • angelams1019
    Options
    Thanks it's not your fault , I just saw the pic of Sophie and it was like looking at my Sasha...they certainly take a piece of your heart don't they.....Sophie is just beautiful though, you are very lucky to have her.

Thank you so much!

308673_773741670345_1547074301_n.jpg

You are right, this little girl has stolen my ENTIRE heart! :heart:
  • mushroomcup
    mushroomcup Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Really? I guess most of my friends take better care of their animals.

My cousin keeps food out all the time for her 2 dogs, & both are considered UNDER weight. Probably because she runs with them every day? lol

I also always keep food out for both my dog and cat and they are both a healthy and consistent weight. My cat seems to graze, popping by his bowl every couple of hours for a few nibbles at a time. My dog ignores his food until he sees my boyfriend or me eating, then he runs over to his bowl and eats as well. It's really cute!
  • angelams1019
    Options

My cousin keeps food out all the time for her 2 dogs, & both are considered UNDER weight. Probably because she runs with them every day? lol

I also always keep food out for both my dog and cat and they are both a healthy and consistent weight. My cat seems to graze, popping by his bowl every couple of hours for a few nibbles at a time. My dog ignores his food until he sees my boyfriend or me eating, then he runs over to his bowl and eats as well. It's really cute!

hahahaha My Sophie does that too! If I sit down to eat dinner and she doesn't have her's she goes and sits by her bowl and scratches at it like "Uhhh HELLO!? Where's MINE?!"
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    My Labrador is overweight. But labs live to eat!! He loves his food!

But now he's old and got diabetis and hip problems so he's been on a strict diet for years.

My Doberman is even older but n a perfect shape since she's a picky eater.
  • mushroomcup
    mushroomcup Posts: 145 Member
    Options

hahahaha My Sophie does that too! If I sit down to eat dinner and she doesn't have her's she goes and sits by her bowl and scratches at it like "Uhhh HELLO!? Where's MINE?!"

Sophie sounds (and looks) adorable. ^__^
  • angelams1019
    Options

Sophie sounds (and looks) adorable. ^__^

Hey!! I lived in Orlando for four years and am back and forth a few times a month! :)
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I do. Here is a current photo (he's sorely in need of a bath). This is a Jack Russell Terrier and the little guy (relatively speaking) has Cushing's Disease.

daa59549-589b-489e-9767-5cc826ae3722_zps87f04f06.jpg

And here he is just two years ago.

97e5e98e-03f9-49e1-ba9c-99cbd07fa17e_zpsc0fd2fd8.jpg

I couldn't understand why he was gaining weight or why he was getting ridiculously long hair. After I couldn't seem to handle it on my own, we went to the vet and got the diagnosis. The poor guy barely gets anything on his restricted diet but he's slowly losing weight. I don't have a pic of him at his heaviest. He's doing well, no complications yet besides the weight and non shedding. We hope that continues for a long time.

Our GSP on the other hand is in great shape and in an ideal weight range!

12f8cd8e-0892-421c-abf7-722a21b3be97_zps48d918a6.jpg
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    my pet is not fat, he's just big boned! :angry:
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    my pet is not fat, he's just big boned! :angry:

Well your burro looks like he's in a perfect weight range. That's something at least.
  • kzakian
    kzakian Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I think my cat prefers the term "furry".

But seriously, I've actually been impressed with him, he portion controls and only eats when he's hungry. Gotta keep up the trophy cat appearance!
  • blah2989
    blah2989 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I have 4dogs, 7 cats ( along with others- we have property the cats keep the snakes away)
    Anyways out of all of my pets I only have two that are fat. They are cats, brother and sister about 7yrs old. Jack isnt really fat, hes just a big cat, but his sister rose is a fatty. She was never fat until about 3 yrs ago. One day just BAM! Vet says shes healthy though. I really dont get why shes fat shes always out and about running up the hills.
  • Imara6mara
    Imara6mara Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    my dog was two pounds overweight. we both started exercising, she lost 2, I lost 90. pwn!

That's awesome! What a great way to lose weight.

There are so many cute pups on this thread!!

You can see my little girl in my ticker. She's a French Bulldog and the perfect weight for her breed per my vet. She runs around for hours a day like a little rabbit! Her favorite thing to play with is coconuts - they're about half her size and she picks them up and runs around with them - so she's getting her strength training in, too! :laugh: She definitely keeps me motivated and makes sure I get my play time in every day. :heart:
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    i had a friend in high school who had a 26 pound cat. and not a maine coon. this was a fat mother ****ing cat. the thing would literally wobble back and forth as it slid its belly across the ground to get to its food bowl.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    @Healthytobex2

946543_10151641331523280_1614192570_n.jpg

He's a big bear!! I wanna squeeze him! :flowerforyou:

oh goodness! i agree! this dog looks like so much fun!
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    i had a friend in high school who had a 26 pound cat. and not a maine coon. this was a fat mother ****ing cat. the thing would literally wobble back and forth as it slid its belly across the ground to get to its food bowl.

^ cat shaming.

not cool. :angry: