My progress is slow

Options
2»

Replies

• Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    My progress is slow too - it came up to 600 days logged on my feed and on checking back I realised that I lost 70lbs in the first year and in the last 11 months I have only lost 17lbs - I was a bit gutted about this until all my MFP mates reminded me of the level of fitness I have now - and that even although I have not lost much I have come down several clothes sizes.

I do aim for about 80% healthy and am just try and go for fairly healthy choices to make sure I have enough fuel for my fitness training - no food is off limits - I just don't like the effects that too much of that crap has on my system after I have eaten it now but still think a little bit of what you fancy does you good - but you have to watch it doesn't get unbalanced and take over so that the unhealthy, high sugar or fried stuff is the standard.
  • benjib84
    benjib84 Posts: 125
    Options
    Stressing about it will make weight loss slow - stop worrying about it., have the treats only less of them, ie kfc kids meal will fill you up and be less damaging.

Also never go shopping on an empty stomach.... and have fruit handy to snack on....

Job done :)

quote]
    Hello,

I have been starting my healthy lifestyle first of January 2013. I run 4/5 times a week and I have been starting some easy lifts from July 1st.

However I cheat a lot when comes to food. Although I have a diet plan from a nutritionist where I go twice a month, I cant/wont keep that plan. Yesterday night I went to movies in a mall and I ate at KFC.

How have you handled this? What can I do about it?

Thanks so much!
    diana
    [/quote]
  • piezoeyjune
    piezoeyjune Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Slow progress is still progress.

You Can't expect to lose it all really quickly if you want to keep it off.

So be happy with what you've lost; and keep trying to tweak what you do and you should keep losing.

You're almost 20 pounds down, it seems like you're doing pretty dang well.

Keep moving forward.

Good luck
  • ddragomir
    ddragomir Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone!
    wow, what an amazing community we have here.
    your stories and advices are so supportive and inspiring.
  • ddragomir
    ddragomir Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How many calories has your nutritionist set you at? If you are struggling to stick to your goal then it may be that your goal has been set too low.

Bear in mind the nutritionists are not dietitians and can practice as 'nutritionists' without any specific qualifications so what you are being told may only be her opinion, not science.

It is fine to eat foods that you enjoy. Many people using MFP eat whatever they like as long as it fits in their calorie goal (often referred to IIFYM - if it fits your macros).

She is doctor, not only a nutritionist. We never discuss calories, I am on 3 meals + 2 snacks, mostly fish, chicken, vegetables, seeds and fruits. I am aiming for a balance lifestyle not a fast diet. However I feel like I do cheat and I could do so much better!

From MFP log-in, the diet is around 1,250 calories a day.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    How in the heck can a diet be discussed in terms other than calories?
  • ginabullis
    Options
    I lost about 11 pounds in a month but now I seem to be at a standstill. The pounds are not coming off any more. I am still just eating 1200 calories or less.
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    My advice would be to adopt healthy habits one at a time. You already run, which is great. You've probably adopted other healthy habits this year. So keep on that trend - this month pick one thing to focus on (for example, eating a healthy breakfast), and do it until you make it a habit. Then on to the next one.

Don't yell at yourself or expect yourself to be perfect all at once - making lifestyle changes takes a long time!
  • vivekmarch10
    Options
    I guess this should be motivation ....even if you are not gaining weight, that means you are loosing it ( the one which you did not gain) ...and if you loose even 1 gram ...."Something is better than nothing"....you are there ...just hold on :flowerforyou: !!
  • Teardrop81
    Teardrop81 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My whole life changed when, in my mind, a "cheat" became a "treat". The "diet" became my "lifestyle". When I was on a diet, I punished myself and gave up when I cheated. Cheating is for dieters. People with a healthy lifestyle have "treats". When I realized that this is a lifestyle change and not a diet, my entire perspective changed. Now I don't feel bad when I treat myself, and its even more enojoyable that I thought it out, planned it, looked forward to it, or even rewarded myself for a small victory. This may not work for everyone, this perspective thing, but it worked for me. I'm currently planning to TREAT myself at a local mexican food restaraunt that was completely off-limits when I was on a diet. I hope someone hits me over the head with a 2x4 if I ever say "I'm going on a diet" again. I hope you find what works for you! Good luck!
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I still eat fast food but I try to make better choices (if that's possible). I research the menu first because fat and sodium are what I have to watch, and like what another person said, I order smaller portions and stay away from fries unless I have extra calories to use. KFC and a lot of chicken places now have stuff that is not breaded, have you tried that? I know it's not the same but you're still getting a fast food fix and making a better choice so it's a compromise.

I'm addicted to Chipotle so I make sure I either exercise a lot on those days or eat mostly vegetables and other light stuff to accommodate it.

I am also losing weight slowly but my clothes keep getting looser. Go by that too.

Good luck and keep looking for your right solution!
  • ilovefitness36
    Options
    I have very slow progress too, and I've been working out 3-4 times per week with a trainer for over a year now. MY WEIGHT INCREASES (maybe some muscle?), but my inches DO NOT BUDGE. They don't INCREASE, they just DON'T BUDGE.

I used to weigh between 111-115, at 22% body fat, and now I'm at a whopping 129lbs, with 28% body fat, and I'm 5"2 so I look like a skinny fat. My upper body seems to be slightly more toned than my lower body.

I too love small cheat meals every other day. But I eat VERY healthy during the day. My problem is late snacking. I'm at 1400-1500 cals per day, and I usually am under by less than 100, but on my workout days, I've got a HUGE deficit. I tend not to eat back too many of my exercise cals.

During my period I binge all week only because I allow myself to. I don't binge TERRIBLY, but I binge more than I would when I am not hormonal. If I don't do this, I will suffer terribly.
  • Chrisplendid
    Options
    My progress is almost nothing like predicted either; I do have lapses but I redeem myself the next day but eating less than I'm supposed to; I don't exercise except like a 10 minute walk every day since I don't have the time now. I've lost 14 pounds in like 80 days when I was expecting to lose 20 or so :(
  • jssm1156
    jssm1156 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My progress is slow also, I have only been following MFP for 3 weeks, before that I was going on WW points system, which wasn't working for me. I have alot of weight to lose and needed to try something new. I lost 3 pounds the first week, and was really excited, and nothing the last two weeksm but I did not gain it back either. I only record my weight same day once a week.
    I plan on sticking with this and seeing how it goes.

The sodium and sugars surprise me when tracking, trying to watch those more.

Good luck to all of us!