I am new ~ Help! :)

Options
I am brand new to MFP and need to lose about 60 pounds. I am sure I will need all the support I can get. I will work hard to get the maximum benefit from this site. From what I have seen, I know that I need friends....can some of you experienced (or maybe even some not-so-experienced) help me? I am a 48 year old female and live in Florida. I am looking forward to meeting you! thanks for your support!
GatorMom :smile:

Replies

• MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your decision to get fit -- that's great! You'll find everyone on this site to be very positive, encouraging and motivating. Feel free to friend request me if you'd like. :)

Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging people over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome, you've come to a great place for support
  • janet67
    Options
    Hi. . .welcome to the site and to a new lifestyle of healthy eating and exercise. I've been on the site for about 2 and a half months. I started losing weight before getting on the site, but this has made things much easier and more fun. Having to log in my "sins" is real motivation to stay on track. . .it's been a learning experience for me, but a really good one, and following the healthy eating plan is something I can do forever. I've tried diets and they don't work. . .this does!
    Please feel free to e-mail me if you have questions. I certainly don't know all the answers, but I have learned how to navigate the site pretty well. Would love it if you'd add me as a friend.
    Good luck on reaching your goals. . .just remember. . ."If you bite it. . .write it!"
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! 'Friending' you right now.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I started in may with a goal of 50 and I've got rid of 21. It works. The support is great. When you need help or encouragement reach out. I would be happy to add another friend.
    Congratulations on making the first step.
    Shel
  • st27
    st27 Posts: 101
    Options
    Hello there. So gald you joined us. You have come to right place for help and support. You can do this! tc. hug.