Looking for running friends

Options
Hi all, I've been on MFP since February and have lost 70lbs so far! I am training for my first 5K ins September and am starting week 5 of C25K today. I am looking for friends who run or are doing C25K, as I have SO many questions and would love to talk to folks who run as well. Please feel free to add me! Best of luck as you all start/continue this journey!

Replies

• dillonrmccarthy
    Options
    Im a runner, but more of the sprinting type (100m 200m kinda thing) but ive run 5 mile races before so i do know a bit about long distance running if you need any help
  • 18lalune
    18lalune Posts: 6
    Options
    Added you!

My goal is to run 10k in 45 minutes. Won't be happening anytime soon but oh well
  • CorliJooste
    CorliJooste Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm also doing C25K! hoping to run 10K by october! added you!
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Hey, doing first marathon in October
  • kate1103
    kate1103 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm not currently running, but I did a half marathon in January, and will begin training for a Spring marathon as soon as I get these last classes finished for school. Feel free to add me, I love runner MFP friends:)
  • khowlett1
    khowlett1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have done this program and it is awesome.. ran my first 5 k last month.. finixhed in 32!!! woohoo..It was so much fun... Sending you a friend request.... love to motivate and be motivated.... we can do this!
  • KinoM
    KinoM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hey, I ran a marathon a few years back & am just easing back in to some 5k type running at the moment after a long term injury. I'll answer any questions anyone has, feel free to add me too.
  • brandypenny
    brandypenny Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just starting MFP yesterday and I am also training to run a 5K in August, can't wait!
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    request sent :smile:

I've run a few races in the last couple years, but I've just had a baby so I'm starting with building my base almost from scratch. Hoping to be ready for a 10K in September and then my first half-marathon in the spring.

Anybody else looking for running pals, feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:
  • lennis8009
    Options
    Hi... just joined and looking to get some support and feedback from people who have been succesful with weight loss struggles and with beginning runners. I am signed up to run my firt 5k in October and am going to start C25K this weekend. a little nervous and excited all in one. Friends would be great!! :smile:
  • Dernbach235
    Dernbach235 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I ran my first 5K last Dec, my second in Feb. my third I'll be running next Tuesday. I'm also training for a half marathon. Feel free to add me all fellow runners!
  • astralweeks82
    astralweeks82 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Wow, great response that I wasn't expecting. Thanks everyone, I've confirmed all requests so far!
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm a run-aholic!

I ran my first 5K just about a year ago (July 14, 2012), and have fallen in love with running because of it. I've since ran a few more 5K's, an 8K, 10K, a half marathon and a 25K trail run and am training for a 17.1 Mile Mountain Race in September and my first full Marathon in January! So I've come a LONG way in a year!

I still can't even imagine where I would be if I hadn't signed up for that 5K last year - it pretty much changed my life!!

So in conclusion, running is awesome and feel free to add me!

EDIT to add that I reached my goal weight in May, was maintaining it pretty well until I went on vacation last week and gained about 3 lbs back. Once I get that off, I'm primarily maintaining, but I do log on everyday and log my food almost everyday to hold myself accountable! I think it's important to stay motivated even after you hit your goal so you don't gain it back, which is so easy to do!
  • pbl1966
    pbl1966 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am a runner and plan on doing my second 1/2 in the fall. I am not currently trying to lose but do try to log daily to maintain.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    FR sent. Anyone else is welcome to send me one as well!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I did Couch-to-5K almost 4 years ago. I run off and on depending on what event I've signed up for. A 10 mile trail race, and 62 mile adventure race (cycle, canoe, hike/run) are my two longest events. Contemplating...well mentally want to do a half marathon in the fall. But every time I commit to one something happens that keeps me from it. So we'll see what happens.

I'll FR you, and anyone else is free to add me.
  • bananahb33
    bananahb33 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I have been running for a couple of years now, slowly building up my distance. Now I'm training for my first half marathon in Feb. Feel free to add me. :)
  • Teardrop81
    Teardrop81 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm running my first 5k in September! I would also love friends who are runners because this is something I will continue to do and try to improve! Seeing others that have accomplished goals that I have set is inspirational. Add me! :smile:
  • mjkanaan
    mjkanaan Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of week 6 of C25K right now, but heading on vacation tomorrow, so may have to come back from vacation and go back to week 5 or 6, as I'm not sure how the break will affect me. Really felt great with my run last night, of course, right before I leave. It's an awesome program! I never thought five weeks ago I'd be where I am now. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • thenoxus1
    thenoxus1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add. I do 5Ks weekly training wise. I'm currently on the path to a 12 miler in August and a half marathon come October. I run 4-6 times a week and am always around to ask questions to.