Just ate my first fluffernutter.

Replies

• candicane32081
    candicane32081 Posts: 132 Member
    pineapple and lite mayo sandwiches are yummmy! Hadn't had one in a while. Don't really do the mayo thing a whole lot anymore, though.
  • manders376
    manders376 Posts: 53 Member
    These both sound weird but are really good.

Peanut butter and mayo (introduce to me by a family friend).

Peanut butter and chicken or turkey lunch meat (honey smoked flavor is best)
    my husband ate this for months before I would try it. So good!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Not crazy, but my favorite sandwich is rare beef with Lebanese garlic sauce on a mini sub bun.
  • PheonixRizing
    PheonixRizing Posts: 131 Member
    I don't know if anyone else posted this or not but.... Peanut butter + marshmellow + BANANA = Elvis like mouth nommy noms :D
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    I haven't tried it yet, but I really want to make a peanut butter and cheddar cheese sandwich. I feel like it would be just like those peanut butter filled cheese cracker things. :smile:
  • m00tmike
    m00tmike Posts: 248 Member
    Fluffer....what?

Nutter.

Fluffernutter.

You've never heard of it?

Nope. Do tell please!!

It's marshmallow fluff and peanut butter on white bread. :heart:

Oh wow. That does not sound like my cup of tea! I can barely handle marshmallows in s'mores! lol. Let alone on white bread with peanut butter. But to each his/her own I guess!

My favorite sandwich is the one that's the size of my head. Lettuce, tomatoe, horseradish, turkey, roast beef, pepper jack cheese, mustard... the kitchen sink maybe? lol
  • m00tmike
    m00tmike Posts: 248 Member
    I haven't tried it yet, but I really want to make a peanut butter and cheddar cheese sandwich. I feel like it would be just like those peanut butter filled cheese cracker things. :smile:

A friend of mine swears by fried peanut butter/pickle/bacon sandwiches. I haven't been so brave yet.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    This is kinda messy to put together, but that's why there's a such thing as soap and water.

Take 2 pieces of white bread, spread one side of each with butter. Take one of those slices, flip it over and put peanut butter on the other side. On the buttered side of the one that has peanut butter, sprinkle a nice amount of cinnamon/sugar, then lay the butter/sugar side in a hot nonstick pan (the peanut butter will be face up). Top the peanut butter with banana slices, then place the other slice of bread on top of the banana's...butter side up. Sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar. When the bottom is toasted, flip to cook the other side, and mash it down a bit.

Even better made in a panini press.

:drinker:
  • b7bbs
    b7bbs Posts: 158 Member
    My face when: I discovered this thread and love the ideas from others so far.

tumblr_lqgdb0L75h1r0qh4po1_500.gif

Banana and mayonnaise sandwich on white bread. Used to be a staple for me as a kid. I don't eat them anymore, but man, they are good.

Don't knock it til you try it.

I have never tried it, but I will. I think i'd like it...too much, lol.
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Deli ham, mustard, and bbq chips(HAS to be Grippos), on white bread. De freaking licious!
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    pineapple and lite mayo sandwiches are yummmy! Hadn't had one in a while. Don't really do the mayo thing a whole lot anymore, though.

This sounds amazing!

I really like tomato and light mayo on honey wheat with a little pepper sprinkled on it...add some dill spears on the side.
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Deli ham, mustard, and bbq chips(HAS to be Grippos), on white bread. De freaking licious!

I like this,but with lays bbq chips. Honestly, I have no idea what Grippos are. I definitely agree though, fantastic combination!
  • leeannewgeorge
    leeannewgeorge Posts: 92 Member
    Pimiento cheese and peanut butter on wheat!
  • knityoupants
    knityoupants Posts: 76 Member
    Hummus, tomato, and black pepper on sourdough.

And my standard breakfast in High School was a huge slab of the sharpest cheddar I could get, slathered in French's mustard, on hot toasted sourdough.

Any other sourdough lovers out there? I miss California soooo much!
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Hummus, tomato, and black pepper on sourdough.

And my standard breakfast in High School was a huge slab of the sharpest cheddar I could get, slathered in French's mustard, on hot toasted sourdough.

Any other sourdough lovers out there? I miss California soooo much!

I'm a huge sourdough fan! And Sprouts Farmers Market's bakery makes probably the best I've ever had!
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    I haven't actually tried a fluffernutter, but i may have to. I've had a peanut butter burger (regular burger with PB slathered on the bun) and that is FANTASTIC. A friend of ours told us about a peanut butter and tuna sandwich, and it just sounds so wrong.
  • suzend
    suzend Posts: 155 Member
    Fluffer....what?

Nutter.

Fluffernutter.

Nope. Do tell please!!

and the key is the white bread otherwise they're never the same. :)
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    I haven't actually tried a fluffernutter, but i may have to. I've had a peanut butter burger (regular burger with PB slathered on the bun) and that is FANTASTIC. A friend of ours told us about a peanut butter and tuna sandwich, and it just sounds so wrong.
    I was watching a show on the Food Network about food trucks, and they were talking about the best food truck burgers, and a few of them put peanut butter on them. One had peanut butter and sriracha.
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    interesting and delicious sammich I ever had was turkey, brie, granny smith apple slices, and honey mustard on those 7 grain wheat breads. Twas bangin'.

Also a fan of fluffernutters.
  • simonsaysso
    simonsaysso Posts: 72 Member
    Fluffer....what?

Nutter.

Fluffernutter.

Nope. Do tell please!!

I think i would add a little nutella!!:love:

I think I would slip into a sugar-induced coma and die.

I am allergic to peanuts so I would DIE but with a big SMILE!!!