2»

Replies

• amcgltdchix
    Options
    Thank you all so much! :)
  • alglenn2013
    alglenn2013 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried replacing the mayo with plain greek yogurt? I am making my Mom's chicken salad recipe for a shower I am throwing in August and I was considering making the swap. Maybe I'll do a test run and see how it turns out.
  • tlab827
    tlab827 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried replacing the mayo with plain greek yogurt? I am making my Mom's chicken salad recipe for a shower I am throwing in August and I was considering making the swap. Maybe I'll do a test run and see how it turns out.

Last week I made chicken salad with plain greek yogurt and I was disappointed. To me, its a better substitute for sour cream because its quite tart. From now on, I'm going to stick with mayo.
  • CaliRochelle
    CaliRochelle Posts: 16 Member
    Options

I have tried it this way and enjoyed it. I put apples and craisins in mine so I think it cuts the tartness. I want to try adding some Bolthouse Farms Honey Mustard. 45 calories for 2 TBS. YUM!
  • Channeling_Boudica
    Options

I mix half mayo and half plain fat free Greek yogurt and I like it. However, my chicken salad is fairly savory. I don't know if I'd like it as much if I mixed it with craisins or grapes.
  • kellywa1179
    kellywa1179 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I like dried cranberries and sunflower seeds in mine.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I add curry powder and scallions to mine.