Amazing use for Over-Ripe Banana's

Options
JessMahoney1
JessMahoney1 Posts: 86 Member
I like my banana's with brown spots on them, but one banana I had got to ripe even for me, I didn't want to waste it, so I peeled it and froze it yesterday. Tonight, I blended the frozen banana up, so it created a cold ice cream texture, added peanut butter and turned it into an amazing tasty low Calorie Ice cream! You could even add chopped nuts as well or grated chocolate!

You could even use banana's that aren't over ripe!

Total Cals: 190 (Depending on how big your banana is and how much peanut butter you use and what type)

Replies

• iTStaRTsN0W
    iTStaRTsN0W Posts: 106
    Options
    awesome
  • ButYouGotMySoul
    ButYouGotMySoul Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Add about a cup of unsweetened chocolate almond milk. Chocolate peanut butter banana milkshake without a ton of calories. Make sure the almond milk is unsweetened though.
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    You could even use banana's that aren't over ripe!

Total Cals: 190 (Depending on how big your banana is and how much peanut butter you use and what type)

^ :tongue: yes, i use even non-over-ripe bananas! i will not tell you how big my banana is!! :laugh: :noway: :flowerforyou:
  • travlinjess
    travlinjess Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Yup! Been doing this for some time now…I'll actually buy the ripened bananas at discount, slice 'em up, freeze them in bags, and then blend (I use a food processor) into a creamy frozen treat. I make a good amount and store in a container so I always have it on hand, ready to serve.

Also, to measure calorie count, you can weigh it, so 80g of frozen banana=80 g banana. Obviously the add-ins are extra. I also like to add in nuts or 1 tbsp natural PB…so yummy!

All banana lovers should know this trick! Thanks for sharing!
  • Litababy5
    Litababy5 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Im gonna try this!:happy:
  • reach4thestar
    reach4thestar Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • IECdispatcher
    IECdispatcher Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cmkile1003
    cmkile1003 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Sounds good!!!! Thanks for posting!!!!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I use browned bananas in my smoothies all the time. Kids say it isn't as good as "fresh" ones but I still like them.
  • matyoung125
    matyoung125 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    mash frozen banana with some buttermilk, low cal ice cream. Failing that I just put the nana on a stick before I freeze it for a banana lolly