How do you guys keep yourself from eating junk food????

Options
124»

Replies

• kcrxgirl
    kcrxgirl Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    If you don't have it in your house, you can't eat it.

Instead of packages of Chips Deluxe, get the 100 calorie packs of cookies.

Instead of tubs of ice cream, get individual servings of ice cream (sandwiches, bars) and eat just ONE.

I agree with this. Pre-portioned food is a little more expensive but could be worth it for you. Or buy containers/baggies and portion it out yourself. I'm terrible with chips. I'll tell myself "one more chip will be ok" but then I tell it to myself another 10 times and by then I've had an extra 120 calories :-/ It's harder to talk yourself into 15 more chips if you have to open another bag.
  • krislyn84
    krislyn84 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    The best thing to do is to explain to your parents what you are trying to do and ask them to stop buying it. If that doesn't work, you have to learn some self-control. I promise, it does get easier. Allow yourself an OCCASIONAL treat, fill up on healthy alternatives, drink tons of water and don't beat yourself up if you have a bad day. I used to be a complete junk food junkie, now I prefer some fresh pineapple or a peach over cake. It takes time, but you will get there. Good luck!
  • laele75
    laele75 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I eat really, really healthy meals. So I can have junk food. Also, there are some great recipes online for healthier junk food that you can make so you don't have to fight those cravings. Baked oatmeal is one of the best ways to get your fruits and fiber and shut up your sweet tooth.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I don't deprive myself. I don't eat much in the way of "junk food" these days as I just don't crave it much anymore...but I'll dabble on occasion. When I first started out though, I just made better nutritional choices overall, but didn't deprive myself. Deprivation is ultimately going to lead to failure. Take baby steps and look at the longer process towards a healthier you.

<<<Throwback Thursday
  • KelliB3
    KelliB3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Sometimes a good way for me to satisfy a craving is with tea! Davids Tea has some chocolate teas ("read My Lips" is my fav) that help satisfy a sweet craving and other more savory teas that help curve a chip or carb craving! Works for me...not all the time, sometimes I just gotta have that bag of chips, but for the most part it seems to help... Most tea has no or very little calories.
  • megarhyn
    megarhyn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The hardest thing is to break the habit. It takes about 3 weeks. It is not easy. And it takes a lot of will power, but it was totally worth it for me. Now I crave fruit and real foods. Fast food turns my stomach. Silent reflux made me cut out all the sugar, processed and acidic foods. First 2 weeks sucked, but I haven't felt better in years!
  • unoriginalusername007
    unoriginalusername007 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I read this quote before that helps me when I have bad cravings for junk food. I understand the whole moderation, and I do allow myself some junk foods in moderation, however, when I go to reach for an immoderate amount of junk I tell myself "Nothing tastes as good as reaching my weight loss goal will feel!" (The quote I originally read was "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels," however some got offended by the term skinny so I changed it a bit haha)