ONE YEAR 254lbs to 189lbs--MY STORY

Options
My name is Christina. I am happily married to my wonderful husband and I have three kids ages 12, 6 and 3. I wasn’t always happy though and I will explain why. I was previously married to my ex husband for 8 years. He physically, verbally and sexually abused me for all 8 years. However, I couldn’t leave him for fear and because my kids “needed their father”. My weight was never an issue for me as a child or adolescent or even a young adult; that is until I got pregnant at 18. I didn’t work, so more of a reason to eat out of boredom. That’s when the abuse started. He would call me a whale, say how embarrassed he was of me and just beat me whenever and however he wanted. This obviously made me depressed and I would just eat more and more.

Toward the end of our relationship I had been going to the gym 5 days a week, 1-2 hours a day, and had lost about 40 pounds in a 3 month time. But it wasn’t something I chose to do. He was forcing me to go. He would weigh me, yes WEIGH ME, every week to see that I didn’t go up! And the last weigh in he decided to wake me up at 2am to do. My weight had stalled and I had gained from the last weigh in. He pulled my hair and shook my head like a rag doll back and forth, side to side. I HAD FINALLY HAD ENOUGH!

I left that man so fast he didn’t know what hit him. He did locate me eventually and tried kidnapping me and taking me to Mexico (I had a restraining order on him). Well guess what this girl did? This scared little girl waited for him to pull up to a rest stop and fall asleep. Then I grabbed my two kids, slid out the back door ( I was sitting in the back with my kids on purpose) and ran like hell to the nearest truck driver! The cops and Rangers were there within minutes. Yes, I finally got justice and put him in jail.

Now, I’m re-married and we have a daughter together aside from my two kids. He is absolutely wonderful. He has given me a new outlook on life and I couldn’t be happier. We’ve been together for almost 4 years now and he’s never once laid a hand on me.

Unfortunately with all the abuse I’ve suffered, that wasn’t enough of a wake up call that I had to change for myself and try to get healthier. My wake up call came at a later date. It came in June of last year. My husband and I were at a car dealership looking at a car in their lot. We were taking turns watching my 2 year old because we were near a busy road. For one second we lost track of her and before I could realize it, she was feet from the road. She’s a toddler and you know that if you run after them, they run even faster (thinking it’s a game). I just knew that at over 250 lbs I would not make it in time. So I quickly told my husband. He started running after her. She started running towards the traffic. THANK GOD he made it in time!!! But “What would I have done, if I were alone?”

I finally decided that it was time to change. No more excuses. It was time for ME!

Someone had told me about an app for calorie counting. I downloaded it, but never used it much. Calorie counting was tedious and boring, until I joined that same program online. I made friends on there that were in the same boat I was in! Every time I felt like I wasn’t seeing progress, or when I wanted to quit, they were there to cheer me on and tell me that “I could!”

In over a year, I have dropped 65 pounds and 20+” total from my waist, hips, arms and neck. I still enjoy most of the foods I ate before, but with moderation. I workout at least 4 to 6 times a week, anywhere from 25mns to an hour and 30mns. I switch from doing Zumba, the treadmill, Jillian Michaels, Leslie Sansone DVD’s and I just finished my first round of Insanity and doing another round starting Monday 7/15.

I want to let everyone out there know that it is possible. I am living proof. It does take hard work, determination and perseverance to succeed. I leave you with a picture of my before and current. I still have around 50 pounds to lose and then I will have an AFTER picture.

Also created a facebook page to help everyone out there: https://www.facebook.com/survivaltolive?fref=ts

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

2s6mzpg.jpg

2hre51l.jpg

2j0ktxz.jpg

69qcn4.jpg

Insanity Day 1 to Day 63 (first round)
se6d1k.jpg

Replies

• beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Great job! :) you have been through so much and still came out the other side! I hope you are proud of yourself! :) Am glad you are happy , you deserve it :) and you look amazing! :)
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Great job! :)

Thank You
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    you are adorable! and your courage is inspiring. congrats on your success! keep it up, you totally got this!
  • alehundrah
    alehundrah Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!! Great Job girl. You look amazing. Congrats. I'm sure you will get to your weight goal in no time.
  • healthymissfit
    healthymissfit Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    you look WONDERFUL love!!! <3 you're an inspiration in more than you weight loss journey, you proved mental strength even through torture. you're amazing!!!!
  • ShrinkingLauren88
    ShrinkingLauren88 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    you look AHHHHmazing!!!
    Keep it up, girl!! <3
  • delaniecastillo
    Options
    I am glad that not only are you physically healthy but mentally and emotionally now. Congrats on the weight loss but even more congrats on fighting to get to your "happy."
  • Angela7zFit
    Angela7zFit Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You have been to hell and made it through. You have proven you are strong and are getting stronger. You are amazing !!!
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    It's funny because through the kicks and punches and jabs in Insanity all I can think of is protecting myself against my ex if it were to ever come to that again. I'm so much stronger mentally and physically now
  • JanePerkins
    JanePerkins Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    your post is so inspirational!! you look awesome :)
  • delaniecastillo
    Options
    It's funny because through the kicks and punches and jabs in Insanity all I can think of is protecting myself against my ex if it were to ever come to that again. I'm so much stronger mentally and physically now

I hope he saw JLo in Enough because that's what will happen if he does!
  • calroseangelo
    Options
    Wonderful, wonderful job! You are a strong woman! Keep it up!!
  • allisonrinkel
    allisonrinkel Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm getting tears in my eyes just thinking of all the horrific things you have been through, yet you still managed to get where you are today.
    You are an incredible woman, truly someone who motivates and uplifts people.
    I'm floored. You have an inner strength that just stuns me. What a completely amazing person you are to have saved not only your daughters lives, but also your own.
    If I could give you a hug right now, I sure would. You are one hell of a woman!!!
    Keep it up, I believe in you!!
  • athena120169
    Options
    Wow! You go girl....you look amazing! I am so happy you had the courage to fight for you and your children! You deserve to be happy! Keep up the great work! You have inspired me! I am at 255lbs now and am sick over myself. I never even weighed this much during my pregnancies. Thanks for taking a chance on yourself!
  • sherry666
    sherry666 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Wow.... you look like a different person. GREAT job!!!
  • amber_michelle30
    amber_michelle30 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story! I'm so happy you found YOUR happy!!!
  • maryinnc
    maryinnc Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You are very inspirational and your story brought tears to my eyes. Blessings to you and your beautiful family.
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful!! I am so happy you are with someone who loves and appreciates you and your children!
  • dwalt15110
    dwalt15110 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful story of courage. Thank you for sharing. You are amazing!
  • ruth3698
    ruth3698 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    You are an amazing woman!! You look amazing as well!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!