Cookies on my desk...

spiritgurl
spiritgurl Posts: 160 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
So here I sit with a plate beside me on my desk with 1,2,...7 cookies piled high on it. Not just plain old tea biscuit or digestive cookies but yummy chocolate drizzled, fancy sprinkles and sugar encrusted. Anyhow, why is it when someone offers you food and you politely decline (explaining that I am watching what I eat) that people decide to bring a plate over to your desk when you're not there? I know they are being kind but it really makes it difficult. I am happy to tell you all I have not touched it and it is very pretty to look at but I am remaining strong-haha!

Replies

• KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Get them off your desk! Trash them or put them on someone else's desk. Don't give in to the deliciously evil cookies!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Don't give in! This happened to me yesterday (they passed cookies out to everyone before people came into work) and I gave in and ate not just mine, but another one that someone else offered me. I felt really crappy afterwards becaue of all the sugar.

I'd put them on a community counter if you have a coffee/break area - someone else will almost always take them! But if you have to, throw them away!
  • I saw someone spit on them...ick! Toss them out.
  • Spread the cookie cooties -- put the plate on someone else's desk when they're not looking. :happy:
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    I agree! I don't care how you do it... even if it's tossing them out the window... but GET THEM OFF YOUR DESK! Evil cookies!
  • I'd get thm off the desk. You don't want them staring you in the face. :-)

I agreewith Boi...put thme in the break room. Someoneelse will eat them.
This discussion has been closed.