Eat 100% clean for 7 days!

Options

Replies

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I just went and looked at the rules, no chemicals. Looks like a 7 day fast to me.

But but but, all foods are made of chemicals.

I is confused.
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Oh good, more people focusing on the wrong things and who will eventually wonder why they're not losing weight. Have fun!

I don't understand how wanting to eliminate processed food from my diet is focusing on the wrong thing?

I will still get all the food elements, protein, carbs, sugar etc... Just from natural, unprocessed food. And I certainly won't be starving myself!
    I wouldn't let troll's bother you...they will argue with you for whatever you put up! Keep doing your thing! Unprocessed food is good! Focus on the ones who are interested!
    yes, only listen to the people that agree with you!
    Search the forums and take a look at the number of people confused because they're "eating clean" and yet not losing weight. If you're focused on a calorie deficit that's pretty much all you need for weight loss. Being healthy is a combination of nutrient intake and exercise. None of that has anything to do with "eating clean." That is a bunch of pseudoscientific garbage with zero basis in science.

that's perfect valid advice, not trolling.
    My apologies, but she is trying to do something out of what she feels is good, and people throw science and negativity at her. Everyone is different and has different views of weight loss, and yes the caloric balance has proven to work! But others do not even count calories and have a weight loss story (and have a positive balance)....My point is this, regardless of any weight loss story, there is going to be a different view by someone. For example, my clients BMR is around 2100 and she consumes 2500-2700 hundred calories a day....she is not gaining weight....in fact shes down 3 pounds...Is this cause of hormones, body compostion, etc? Is it normal? Science tells me for her to lose weight she should have a negative balance right?....Hers is positive... Science is accurate to an extent, but that is it and people will have their own beliefs that they think is accurate (which may or not be given the scenario). Btw congrats on the loss! Awesome accomplishment!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why I thought this website would be a supportive forum.... Guess it was that whole common interest thing that led me astray.

I don't understand why people have to poop all over someone else's idea. If you don't want to be a part of her project, don't do it....no need to be smug and negative toward others.

Interesting thing to learn on my first day here....

If you came here for groupthink, join one of the groups :)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why I thought this website would be a supportive forum.... Guess it was that whole common interest thing that led me astray.

I don't understand why people have to poop all over someone else's idea. If you don't want to be a part of her project, don't do it....no need to be smug and negative toward others.

No one pooped on her idea. But not everyone can do it this way and perhaps someone new such as yourself read this thread first and thought that this is the only method that works. Then they discover they can't do it and develop negative feelings about weight loss in general, then give up.

To be objective, all sides and POV's should be considered relevant. And support is not always about a pat on the back for your efforts. Sometimes support is about providing people with more plausible alternatives.
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Oh good, more people focusing on the wrong things and who will eventually wonder why they're not losing weight. Have fun!

I don't understand how wanting to eliminate processed food from my diet is focusing on the wrong thing?

I will still get all the food elements, protein, carbs, sugar etc... Just from natural, unprocessed food. And I certainly won't be starving myself!
    I wouldn't let troll's bother you...they will argue with you for whatever you put up! Keep doing your thing! Unprocessed food is good! Focus on the ones who are interested!
    Search the forums and take a look at the number of people confused because they're "eating clean" and yet not losing weight. If you're focused on a calorie deficit that's pretty much all you need for weight loss. Being healthy is a combination of nutrient intake and exercise. None of that has anything to do with "eating clean." That is a bunch of pseudoscientific garbage with zero basis in science.

My apologies, but she is trying to do something out of what she feels is good, and people throw science and negativity at her. Everyone is different and has different views of weight loss, and yes the caloric balance has proven to work! But others do not even count calories and have a weight loss story (and have a positive balance)....My point is this, regardless of any weight loss story, there is going to be a different view by someone. For example, my clients BMR is around 2100 and she consumes 2500-2700 hundred calories a day....she is not gaining weight....in fact shes down 3 pounds...Is this cause of hormones, body compostion, etc? Is it normal? Science tells me for her to lose weight she should have a negative balance right?....Hers is positive... Science is accurate to an extent, but that is it and people will have their own beliefs that they think is accurate (which may or not be given the scenario). Btw congrats on the loss! Awesome accomplishment!

Unless your client is doing nothing but sleeping all day it still is a negative balance. BMR is what it would take for her body to function if she did absolutely nothing. I assume she's doing something throughout the day so she's still not eating at maintenance which would explain the loss...DAMN THAT SCIENCE.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

Her TDEE is probably 3000 calories a day which is why she is losing on 2500 - 2700 calories a day.

BMR is the minimum your body requires to perform automatic functions such as breathing and pumping blood. Any concious activity such as getting up and walking around puts the energy requirement above BMR.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

I'm interested in success and the most painless and effective way to get there. For that, I'll stick with science. Feel free to find people to support you in whatever fad diet nonsense you wish to partake in though.
  • ajaxe432
    Options

Unless your client is doing nothing but sleeping all day it still is a negative balance. BMR is what it would take for her body to function if she did absolutely nothing. I assume she's doing something throughout the day so she's still not eating at maintenance which would explain the loss...DAMN THAT SCIENCE.
    Yes, I did leave that out! Good catch, but I still stand by my orginal point....Science is not always accurate. For example, somebody with hypothryoidism off meds, do you think they would lose weight on a negative caloric deficeit?
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

Yes, I did leave that out! Good catch, but I still stand by my orginal point....Science is not always accurate. For example, somebody with hypothryoidism off meds, do you think they would lose weight on a negative caloric deficeit?

A negative caloric deficit is a surplus. So EVERYONE would gain weight on a negative deficit.
  • ajaxe432
    Options

Her TDEE is probably 3000 calories a day which is why she is losing on 2500 - 2700 calories a day.

BMR is the minimum your body requires to perform automatic functions such as breathing and pumping blood. Any concious activity such as getting up and walking around puts the energy requirement above BMR.
    Maybe I am explaining this wrong and not able to clarify my point! Also good catch, mistake on my part! Still standing to my orginal post, science is accurate to an extent!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Last time I checked science accounted for modern medicine and a diagnosis of hyperthyroidism would fall under that umbrella. Please tell me that you're not anti-science while working on your Master's.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

it's nothing personal directed at the OP.

it's the mindset and the incorrect logic behind the mindset that is the issue.

nobody really cares if you decide you only want to eat carrots and kale that you grow in your backyard. they do care that incorrect information and assumptions are posted and left without rebuttal. if somebody posted a diet challenge that forbade eating fruit and vegetables as "bad", they would also be rebutting that diet as unnecessary.

also, this is a public forum. if this was posted in a private group, you'd not have seen any responses dismissing it.

in the end, all i care about is accurate and complete information. if i see something that i know is wrong or unnecessary and i'm not so annoyed at the forum derp that day, i'll usually say something. information is power. if you're armed with all of the information you need to make a choice, then most of us don't begrudge you that choice no matter what it is.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Lollerskates
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

it's nothing personal directed at the OP.

it's the mindset and the incorrect logic behind the mindset that is the issue.

nobody really cares if you decide you only want to eat carrots and kale that you grow in your backyard. they do care that incorrect information and assumptions are posted and left without rebuttal. if somebody posted a diet challenge that forbade eating fruit and vegetables as "bad", they would also be rebutting that diet as unnecessary.

also, this is a public forum. if this was posted in a private group, you'd not have seen any responses dismissing it.

in the end, all i care about is accurate and complete information. if i see something that i know is wrong or unnecessary and i'm not so annoyed at the forum derp that day, i'll usually say something. information is power. if you're armed with all of the information you need to make a choice, then most of us don't begrudge you that choice no matter what it is.

Well stated!
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options

Wait..what??? you are questioning science?:huh:
  • lms1220
    lms1220 Posts: 60
    Options
    I'm already on day 7! I set my own challenge last week! 7 more to go though
  • ajaxe432
    Options

Wait..what??? you are questioning science?:huh:
    Lol, is it not what science is about?
  • BlessedBe23
    BlessedBe23 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I don't remember saying that I was interested in this dieting approach or that I had any interest in what you might consider a fad diet. I'm not actually.

Way to assume though....
  • agdyl
    agdyl Posts: 246 Member
    Options

I'm interested in success and the most painless and effective way to get there. For that, I'll stick with science. Feel free to find people to support you in whatever fad diet nonsense you wish to partake in though.

So what's your method? I'm assuming you're just talking counting calories/macros, but to me, that's the difficult way if I just eat whatever to get there. I can fit a donut or ice cream into my calories and macros every day, but if I eat that, it triggers me to crave junk food constantly. (my gluten issues aside on the donut). Then it's like torture to stay within my calorie counts/macros. On the other hand, I find it rare to go much over 1600 calories a day of meat/fish/veggies, even if I'm eating all I want.

So to me - eating clean is the easy way to stay withing the "science" parameters for weight loss.
  • ajaxe432
    Options

Last time I checked science accounted for modern medicine and a diagnosis of hyperthyroidism would fall under that umbrella. Please tell me that you're not anti-science while working on your Master's.
    Is it not what science is about, but to question? Critical thinking?