Total Soy Meal replacement

Options
MrsNakai
MrsNakai Posts: 10 Member
Hello all! I've tried Herbalife for sometime, and the costs are a little up there. But then I found this Naturade Total Soy Meal Replacement. I've looked up reviews that if I replace breakfast and lunch with this shake I'll lose weight. Along with exercise of course. Has anyone ever really tried this? I am wondering if at 140 calories, what would happen if I replaced all my meals with this. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Then the snacks in between keep them at fresh fruit and veggies. I am tempted to try, but I've never heard of anyone doing it before. I breastfeed my babies, So I'd hate to reduce my milk by trying. I was just curious. It would be pretty neat hearing the results if anyone has ever tried this. Thank you for your time in reading this. Have a great day all =)

Replies

• janicemushalupo
    janicemushalupo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am an Herbalife distributor and I lost over 80 pounds doing two shakes a day. I would never recommend anyone to do all shakes all day for all meals. It is very important to mix in animal proteins in along with carbs found in whole wheat, vegies and fruit. Also being a nursing mom means your body requires extra nutrition.
  • epie2098
    epie2098 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do shakes for all meal replacements for the following reasons:

-they're not going to give you adequate nutrition
    -they're going to make you feel deprived
    -you aren't going to learn healthy habits you can sustain for life

In addition, they're not going to provide you with enough energy to breastfeed. Your babies need great quality milk - that means lots of veggies, fruit, grains, dairy (or alternatives) and a variety of protein and healthy oil sources.

I personally didn't manage to lose very much weight while breastfeeding, and the year that I did it, my son went from 9 to 27lbs. On the other hand, he was healthy as can be and was happy. As soon as he only needed my milk for comfort, that's when I got really serious about losing baby weight. I wouldn't do anything to jeopardize his health.
  • jerzypeach
    jerzypeach Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Soy....unless it's fermented is actually an anti-nutrient. I'd suggest looking up the Weight Watchers plan for nursing mothers. It would be the safest way to go so that you don't lose your milk, and/or pass along bad stuff in your milk to your precious baby.
  • MrsNakai
    MrsNakai Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for replying! Just for kicks and giggles I tried to replace for breakfast and lunch. Could not hack that! I made a sandwich in order to feel full. I've always wondered about weight watchers. I already dropped off the baby weight, this is just extra. I know it won't be like magic and just fall off. I've got at least 96 more lbs to go. 221 lbs does not look or feel good on a woman of 5'3". I will look into weight watchers though! I miss the strawberry shakes from herbalife!
  • dmmartinez84
    Options
    I just started using this Total Soy Meal replacement. I have been using it for about 2 days. I've since lost 3 lbs. I replaced breakfast and lunch. I'm not really much of a food eater, my biggest issue is the fact that I snack on junk food all day! I drink the shake for breakfast with an apple and for lunch i drink 8oz and walk briskly for 30 minutes (to avoid temptation in the office) So far so good. I'm diabetic and i have PCOS. my sugar levels are normal, my hair hasn't fallen out since i tried it (more than usual at least). The taste isn't that bad, i drink it like medicine... CLOSE UR EYES AND GULP!
  • Boobean1987
    Options
    I just bought the Total Soy today one in chocolate and one in vanilla. I'm eager to try it cus I've heard nothing but great reviews!!!! I will most DEFINITELY update in one week.
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Wow! I try to eliminate all excess soy. Messes with my hormones like crazy and makes me hold on to weight. I think this sounds like a horrible idea but I also don't know anything.
  • shapelyJ
    shapelyJ Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do shakes for all meal replacements for the following reasons:

-they're not going to give you adequate nutrition
    -they're going to make you feel deprived
    -you aren't going to learn healthy habits you can sustain for life

In addition, they're not going to provide you with enough energy to breastfeed. Your babies need great quality milk - that means lots of veggies, fruit, grains, dairy (or alternatives) and a variety of protein and healthy oil sources.

I personally didn't manage to lose very much weight while breastfeeding, and the year that I did it, my son went from 9 to 27lbs. On the other hand, he was healthy as can be and was happy. As soon as he only needed my milk for comfort, that's when I got really serious about losing baby weight. I wouldn't do anything to jeopardize his health.

I'd like to add a few reasons to avoid non-organic soy products:

Soy production in Brazil is contributing to deforestation of the Amazon rainforest, both directly through forest clearing for new soy farms (usually giant in size) and by displacing small farmers who then move into forest areas for subsistence agriculture. Further pressure comes from the development of infrastructure (like roads and ports) to support soy expansion. This infrastructure attracts other developers (like loggers, ranchers, and colonists who have been displaced from elsewhere) who cut down the forest.

The biggest uses of soybeans is of course animal feed, but if you're already eating a plant based diet, you've bypasses that already :) There are good soy alternatives though!
  • 93Chy
    93Chy Posts: 1
    Options
    Im currently using it now, been using it off and on for a couple months now. now im replacing two meals and eating a healthy lunch or dinner. for the most part when im not on the shakes I notice I tend to eat anything that I crave. on the shakes, it curves my appetite, gives me more energy and keeps me focused on my weight and goal. Plus it taste really good with almond milk and a banana. almost like a milk shake. Im now incorporating exercise twice a day. I wouldn't suggest to replace all meals because when you are not on the shakes you will eat the wrong things from being deprived of food. I would love to hear your results or progress so far if you are still on them.