Chic-Fil-A

Options
2»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why dieters make a big deal out of one single meal. Why not just eat whatever you want there and do an hour of cardio to burn it off?

Nothing at a fast food joint is going to be "healthier"; it's just healthier than junk. Just order whatever you fancy, it's not like you're gonna be at a buffet with a gun to your head.

Eh I can't burn a 1500 calories meal in one hour of cardio, personally, lol.
  • lkrause74
    lkrause74 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Sorry this reply is so late but a healthy option @ Chick Fil A is the chargrilled chicken sandwich with no sauces or cheese and if you want a meal, ask for a fruit cup instead of fries and a diet lemonade or a diet soda. :) Good luck!
  • lkrause74
    lkrause74 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why dieters make a big deal out of one single meal. Why not just eat whatever you want there and do an hour of cardio to burn it off?

Nothing at a fast food joint is going to be "healthier"; it's just healthier than junk. Just order whatever you fancy, it's not like you're gonna be at a buffet with a gun to your head.

I agree! Why limit ourselves to the so called "diet" stuff and just eat what we want while keeping in mind that whatever we eat that puts us over our calorie goal, we need to do a good enough work out to burn off the excess calories. Thats what I plan to do once my food digests a bit. :)
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    grilled nuggets.

Watch out for the sauces. They have up to 260 calories EACH.
  • emerald1982
    Options
    I love their side salad and I always get it instead of the fries.
  • ksuetorres
    ksuetorres Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Chic-Fil-A posts calories on their menu! They have a delicious Asian salad that's quite reasonable -- and it has fried chicken on it! Sub out for grilled chicken and a low-fat dressing and you're good to go!
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I get nuggets with fruit or salad. Sometimes, I just get the nuggets.
  • RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    A lot of sodium though. But i get chik fil a often. Just the grilled chicken alone is like 600g of sodium. Without the bun.
  • JenRunTriHappyGirl
    JenRunTriHappyGirl Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I usually get a grilled chicken salad with the fat free honey mustard or raspberry vinegarette. I also get a ice cream cone! All under 400 calories and awesome!
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Maybe off topic but the man who owns this company is publicly homophobic and very anti gay rights and gay marriage. They'll never get any money off me!
  • RAGGEDYANN1970
    RAGGEDYANN1970 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    the grilled market salad is perfection, low calorie and has tons of fruits, veggies, etc. with chicken. choose a low-cal dressing, that avacado lime ranch is killer - like 300+ calories so watch-out!!!
  • RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Maybe off topic but the man who owns this company is publicly homophobic and very anti gay rights and gay marriage. They'll never get any money off me!

So he's not allowed to have his own opinion? At least you have the option of giving him your money or not, and you're exercising it.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    For a satisfying and filling meal I always order a Grilled Chicken Cool Wrap with a Medium Fruit Cup, which comes out to an even 400 calories packed full of nutrients and filling fiber :)
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    never eating at Chic Fil A ...I hate that company's politics and policies. They get no money from me...
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    Small tortilla soup (when I'm not boycotting them.)