IRRELEVANT POSTS? How about NO posts?

Options

Replies

• BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    there are lots of vampires on here. they don't talk much. once you friend them, they can enter your house without permission. if you have a FL full of people who don't comment, you should probably de-friend them all right now and move.

lost_boys.JPG
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    You do know that everyone is on here mostly for themselves and have their own lives? And that you are more than able to remove friends off your list? :flowerforyou:

Oh and...

WTG
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Just stopped by to say, WTG.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Wow, well you got some posts now huh?? Seriously, you did put yourself in an exclusion status by limiting who can be your support friend.. why does it matter if the support is from someone younger or older? Just remove the offending folks and try again. I have joined particular challenge groups for support rather than friend lists.To each their own! Good job BTW!
  • RyanJK85
    RyanJK85 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I always try to comment as much as possible, try to interact with all my friends....silent ones, dont last long.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I have low points where I might not be supportive but it is never more than a day or two and I say I need a break. I never comment on folks who do not have open diaries cause I don't know if they are just under their calories or eating 500 calories and therefore under.
    I too have deleted folks who failed to make comments, some folks just like to see friend numbers in the triple digits. For me.. the few, the involved!
  • simplyciera
    simplyciera Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I make myself available & people make themselves available. If you want friends, be a friend. I've actually met people from my friend's list & I know consider them unconditional friends/family. Like I'll go to their house for a bbq, a friend is going with me when I get a tattoo & I've done arts & crafts/ bakery dates with another. You just have to reach out!

& make some friends that are younger than 50! They're more probable to be tech literate & interested in commenting because it's our generation to comment on every little thing! Two of my favorite people on my friends list are in their late 40's & I keep up with their lives 100% & I'm 21! lol
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    That is why I intentionally keep my FL small, I do want to interact with them, and try to say something each day. It is not necessary to accept all friend requests, keep it to those that you have something in common with, and chances are you will get more interaction.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I don't comment on my friends status updates all the time, sometimes I may go a couple days without commenting on anyone's but there is one thing all my friends on my list know and that is "I lead by example" They see me on here everyday posting my status updates, logging, and being consistent so even though I don't comment on individual post daily they all know I am leading the way...... and as far as them leaving comments, I enjoy the comments when they do and I do have a handful I do communicate with more than other but it doesn't bother me if they don't leave anything.... Best of Luck....
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    No posts? But what about bed posts?
  • GGDaddy
    GGDaddy Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    candy2.jpg
  • colleenz43
    colleenz43 Posts: 12
    Options
    what has my preference to friends in my own age group
    have to do with comments among said friends? You are
    comparing apples to oranges. Its not being picky, its being
    practical. Talk to me again when YOU are 54!!! lol
  • colleenz43
    colleenz43 Posts: 12
    Options
    Bed posts are good!!! lol. good one.
  • cebiginalaska
    cebiginalaska Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    dean-what-gif_zpsf65f047e.gif
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    huh.gif
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    First world problems.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    there are lots of vampires on here. they don't talk much. once you friend them, they can enter your house without permission. if you have a FL full of people who don't comment, you should probably de-friend them all right now and move.

lost_boys.JPG

This sounds like a reasonable explanation.
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I feel bad for unfriending people, but I'm going to do it. I have a friend who eats low calories all the time. Today she had 230 calories all day. I commented that this was too low and did she always eat this low and no response. I've reached out to her a few times before, but she doesn't want to interact. I think that maybe at that low caloric intake, she probably doesn't have the energy.

I don't interact with every buddy every day, but I enjoy getting to know people and learning from them, and helping them along. My most supportive buddy is 20 years younger than me. Some buddies are just comedians and I enjoy reading their updates.

If MFP would give us a like button, I could respond to every post every day.
  • sophieannejune
    sophieannejune Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I thnk people have to remember that to have a friend, you have to be a friend (and that means accepting people as they are). Some people don't want to share pictures until they're ready to (that's me)...it's not that one is being secretive, it's a comfort level thing (I'm still having trouble accepting that my body has changed after losing 73 lbs). Some people don't want their diary commented on...they just want someone who they can say hi to and how are you doing/are you having a good day? And most importantly friends don't make judgmental comments. I joined this site after dieting on my own for 2 months...since January I have lost 73 lbs. I don't think it's wrong of me to write that my weight loss has been 73 lbs even though i may have only lost 63 lbs since joining this site (this is what keeps me motivated). I'm here for me, not to impress others, not to get approval from others.I want the best for everyone here..but i respect people as individuals. And if those individuals don't respect me, please delete me. BUT..if you delete someone, give them the courtesy of telling them why you deleted the; i think jjust deleting someone is extremely rude and unfair.
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options

I try to be supportive and offer insight about my own successes and failures, but I don't have time to inspect everyone's diary or comment on every 10 minute walk. Generally, the more people interact directly with me, the more I interact directly with them.

Same here