I need some positive people to support me .

Options
Hi everyone (:
First of I'm Jane and i'm 19 years old .
last year my mother was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes . ( which scared the bajeezus out of me ! i'm afraid to death i'll develop if i'm not careful) .
I have learned to eat healthier and eat smaller portions . I just cant seem to ever exercise which i know is holding me back from seeing results.I try to go walking at my park but i always lose interest because i go by myself .Today i tried to go jogging at a track and as i drove up i just sat there and watched as people jogged and walked and i felt like they would all judge me . I decided to just go back home ( which i regretted as i drove off) .I don't have many friends anymore since they all moved away or went off to different colleges.I am losing weight to avoid diabetes as well as live a happy and healthy life.I could really use some friends to motivate me when i'm at my lowest .

Replies

• jessbur80
    jessbur80 Posts: 5
    Options
    You got it!!! Jessbur80!! I'll add You.
  • sar1386
    sar1386 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Adding u right now, keep ur head up and no one can judge anyone but God, so if u want to go for a jog then u go girl!
  • hhume10
    hhume10 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Jane! My name is Hayley. I'm also 19 years old. I decided to start losing weight just to be happier with myself. I've experienced a lot of the same problems you talked about. Changing my eating habits wasn't really the hard part for me, it was starting to exercise. I hated the idea of going to a gym because of all the already fit people who would see and judge me. It was the same for running outside; I didn't even want the people in cars driving by to look at me. I started by jogging early in the morning or later at night when fewer people are around to see me, and as I've progressed I've gotten a little more comfortable jogging whenever. Maybe that's something you could try as well. So far I've lost ten pounds, and my confidence is already going up. I'd be more than happy to support you in your efforts too, you look absolutely beautiful and I know how important having someone to keep you going is!
  • mrschambers0407
    Options
    Hey Girl :) I'll support you! I'm also going through some difficult situations and I find myself more and more turning to food. Today I actually feel sick from all the eating the last few days. I get nervous when I go walking ( I have yet to jog or run. I usually only run if someone is chasing me lol) If you have a music player that would really help. Focus on the music and your surroundings! I promise you that everyone else is worried about the same thing...being judged. :flowerforyou:
  • Fabandfitjane
    Options
    Thank you so much !
  • Fabandfitjane
    Options
    Hi Jane! My name is Hayley. I'm also 19 years old. I decided to start losing weight just to be happier with myself. I've experienced a lot of the same problems you talked about. Changing my eating habits wasn't really the hard part for me, it was starting to exercise. I hated the idea of going to a gym because of all the already fit people who would see and judge me. It was the same for running outside; I didn't even want the people in cars driving by to look at me. I started by jogging early in the morning or later at night when fewer people are around to see me, and as I've progressed I've gotten a little more comfortable jogging whenever. Maybe that's something you could try as well. So far I've lost ten pounds, and my confidence is already going up. I'd be more than happy to support you in your efforts too, you look absolutely beautiful and I know how important having someone to keep you going is!

WOW finally someone who understands what i'm going through !
    I will definitely try your method and let you know how it's working out .Your beautiful btw (:
  • Fabandfitjane
    Options
    Hey Girl :) I'll support you! I'm also going through some difficult situations and I find myself more and more turning to food. Today I actually feel sick from all the eating the last few days. I get nervous when I go walking ( I have yet to jog or run. I usually only run if someone is chasing me lol) If you have a music player that would really help. Focus on the music and your surroundings! I promise you that everyone else is worried about the same thing...being judged. :flowerforyou:

Yes i agree.I could blame it on my anxiety but i really think that i should start just not caring because at the end of the day I have to do what is best for my healthy . Thanks so much (:
  • Fabandfitjane
    Options
    Adding u right now, keep ur head up and no one can judge anyone but God, so if u want to go for a jog then u go girl!

Thanks so much . and that is what i will start telling myself . xo
  • Fabandfitjane
    Options
    You got it!!! Jessbur80!! I'll add You.

WOW you are so inspirational ! you look absolutely fab and fierce on your photos .Thanks so much for the add - xo
  • thinbitch63
    thinbitch63 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Jane I'm old enough to be your mom, but have struggled with my weight a very long time and I hate to see you do the same. My 17 year old daughter is a carbon copy of you and has lost 80 pounds this year alone so it can be done!
    Instead of forcing yourself to walk and run try an aerobic workout on disc or Zumba Wii that you can do at home until you are more comfortable in your new skin.
    Hold your head up high sweetheart and do your thing like no one is looking...there will always be judgies out there but as you go by all they see is your toosh as you walk away!!! soon that toosh will be smaller and they will want to follow it!
    You can do this,get your mom involved in the workout and you won't be alone and you will both be healthier!!
    Drink buckets of water and the weight will come off easier, it will help speed your metabolism and fill you up.
    You can do this Jane and I can't wait to see the new you.
  • Iamnotplastic
    Options
    I, too, hate working out in front of people including my husband and kids. It is embarrassing to mw and I hope I can get over it. I love sweets and since diabetes runs in my family, I need to learn to watch it. I know we both can do this and you can add me if you want. :-)