Need friends to help motivate me!

Options
I need some of you to add me as friends to help motivate and encourage me! I've been on MFP for a week now, and I've lost 5 lbs total. I have 45 more pounds to go! My plans are 1200 calorie diet, and burning 300 calories (4-5 days a week). Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated! So glad I found this website!

Replies

• Levahna
    Levahna Posts: 132
    Options
    Congratulations on the 5 pounds!!! Will send you an invite!!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Add me as a buddy. We have similar goals.:flowerforyou:
  • Jendf
    Jendf Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • Chrissun
    Options
    Hi! I sent you an invite.
    Great job on the 5#! When I signed up I only set a goal of 26# even though I had 41# to lose. I thought 26# was going to be hard enough to do, I didn't really believe in myself. This site has really helped the friends and advice are amazing. Logging my food and exercise makes a world of difference.
  • adrienc
    Options
    Congrat's on your first 5th!!

Just like you, I just lost 5 pounds with MFP in less than a week, so I know it works!
    My goal is also to eat no more 1200 calorie each day, and I managed to do it so far by following those 3 simple rules:

1) Breakfast > Lunch > Dinner
    I ate almost 700 calories during breakfast, then about 300 for dinner and 150 for dinner.
    Breakfast should be the strongest meal of the day, as it will give you a strong fondation upon which develop your activities.
    Try to avoid eating too much sugar (juices, jam, etc..) as your energy will run off quickly and you will feel exhausted before noon, so you're better with carbonate fibers (cereal, bread, etc..)
    Typically I have a continental breakfast (cereal+milk, coffee, orange juice, fruit and toasted bread), then a light lunch (chicken + puree or vegetables), then a toast with turkey and a tea for dinner.
    The immediate benefit of doing this is that you will sleep better and longer, and you will not wake up feeling tired anymore

2) Be active but don't over exercise.
    Find an activity that feels right for you and google it for finding how many calories you are burning by doing it. It can be as simple as going for a 20mn walk every evening. Keep logging in the calories you burnt through it as it will give you a reward (e.g you burnt 100 calories when going for a walk so you can eat a little extra at dinner or have a light snack between meals (kellogs stila bar for instance). Avoid to over-exercise as you will feel very hungry after it, and you might risk to over eat and ingest more calories than you should.
    My activity is yoga. I'm doing it principally from home, one hour each day. I started at beginner level as I had no flexibility and a bad back, and now I've progressed little by little at intermediate level. It helps me to feel calm and energized, but not exhausted as I used to feel normally after going back from gym.

3) Keep minerals and vitamins at recommended levels
    In the MFP home menu on the Ipod app, you will have the summary of the amount of calories and food composition you ingested each day. Make sure you keeps minerals (sodium, iron, potassium, calcium) and vitamins (A,C) as close as the recommended values as possible. That will allow you to lose weight while keeping an healthy and balanced diet. It will also keep you away from most of side effects you can get when doing a too drastic diet, such as feeling tired or having headaches.

Et voila!
    Those are the 3 rules I follow in order to lose weight, witouth feeling hungry or feeling like I'm starving all the time.
    I hope you find it helpful! huh.. and I forgot the most important : keep it fun, relax and enjoy life!
  • morosita
    Options
    Hello I started yesterday,keep it up
  • smhunnicutt
    smhunnicutt Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm need friends as well for support and encouragement. I'm wanting 2 lose 175 pounds. So let's support one another and lose these pounds.