How can I be nice to my knees?

Options
They're both bothering me right now. Mostly stiffness but a little pain. I know to try swimming and proper form and all of that to prevent this but, how can I be nice to them after I've completed my workout? Ice? Heat? Aleve? Any kinds of massages? Fanks.

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I just started aqua jogging. It's very nice to my knees.
  • nsagley
    nsagley Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My doctor told me to remember R.I.C.E (rest, ice and ibuprofen, compression and elevation).
  • ostrichagain
    ostrichagain Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Yes! Ice, heat and anti-inflammatories. I have found rest, weight training (to strengthen muscles that support my knees) help a lot too. I don't find massages helpful for joint pain.

I have not found any supplements that actually help sadly. I don't have arthritis, gout or anything that would benefit from supplements.

My FAVORITE thing is a hot pad with a wet rag in the (for moist heat), an Aleve and a good nights rest. I save the ice for when I've screwed something up and it's actually swollen.
  • Zaggytiddies
    Zaggytiddies Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Looks like I need a heating pad.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering the same thing. I'm on medication that has joint pain as a side effect, and have been having knee pain ever since I started taking it. I started taking this supplement (Source Naturals Hyaluronic Joint Complex) a few days ago, it has decent reviews but I haven't noticed any difference yet. Apparently it can take about 2 weeks. We'll see, I hope it helps. Some people have good results with supplements, it might be something to look into.
  • SCouture421
    Options
    Swimming!!