Anyone lost weight eating lean cuisine,Smart ones etc daily?

Options

Replies

• getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    They are fine i moderation. I wouldn't eat them every meal. Too much sodium.ut every one in a while they should be fine.
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I eat smart ones that are low sodium for lunch because otherwise I wouldnt eat. I also eat Amy's Light and Lean and really like those and they are all natural and organic. Sometimes I throw a sandwich in there just for a change lol. Good Luck!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    i prefer to cook my food and that stuff has wayyyyy too much sodium...
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I lose weight eating Girl Scout cookies, Goldfish, and pancakes daily. It's the caloric deficit that will make you lose weight. However, the sodium will bloat you.
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I don't eat them every day but when I do I try and not to go over 600 mg of sodium. I eat pretty much what ever I want I just log it and portion it.
  • martysa
    martysa Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    as a college student, i love convenience. i eat them all the time.
    the lean cuisine macaroni and cheese has a surprisingly good macro balance.
    i find if you add stuff like extra veggies or GRILLED CHICKEN theyre a lot more satisfying. love them
  • DigitalDiana
    DigitalDiana Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    FWIW....My nephew ate alot of these types of frozen dinners as a bachelor (over the period of a year)...he was not trying to lose weight. He ended up with a doctor diagnosed vitamin deficiency. They are okay a couple of times per week, but not as a staple in your diet.
  • bajashooter1
    Options
    I utilized them dieting 10 yrs ago.eating 2 a day. I added a lot of fruits and vegies . I lost 135 lbs in 6 mon. But gained it back and then some
    I think a good balanced menu with a few lean cuisines when necessary is more practical and sustainable.
  • white_horse
    white_horse Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have a small stock of them in the freezer. I keep them if I need something to take to work for lunch (I work in an office). I try to have leftovers from dinner or something else in the house for lunch but sometimes it doesn't always work out so I have some of them on hand just in case. They're great in a pinch because at least for me it's a filling lunch that keeps the calories in check.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    The only way I would lose weight on these is if I packed them everyday and never carried money or credit cards.

I'd lose a ton of weight because I'd throw them out about 30 seconds after pulling them out of the microwave. The smells alone are nauseous.
  • agoofynut
    agoofynut Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I eat them for lunch when I'm at the office. I've lost 140ish, but I wouldn't say it's because I'm eating lean cuisines and smart ones. I would say it's more because I'm NOT eating a 2000 calorie lunch before having another 2000 calories for dinner. :wink: I hate cooking and the easiest way for me to have a low calorie lunch without having to actually prepare anything is a frozen meal. They are high in sodium. Some people are sensitive to that and some aren't. I'm a big believer in do what works for you and just keep doing it until you are where you want to be.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I used yo eat those but switched to Marie Callender and Amy's frozen meals. Much tastier.
  • ostrichagain
    ostrichagain Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I agree with Jonnythan. There are much tastier things in the freezer. You could really easily make a bunch of healthy burritos and freeze them to eat later. Cheap, quick and tasty!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    As long as you're eating within your calorie goal and not eating them on top of it they work. There are a couple I actually really like.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I eat them also, but I prefer to bring something left over. I have used both, here counting calories and on WW watching points. I normally do not eat these at night.
  • AnaCoffee
    AnaCoffee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom too and everyone in my family of three has different dietary needs, so I end up cooking just for my vegetarian self. I make regular use of Amy's organic meals (frozen dinners, just different than the ones you listed.) :smile: I always add an extra cup or two of frozen vegetables; sometimes a little brown, red, or purple rice or quinoa. Honestly, I don't see a problem with them in moderation. They're great for when I just want a quick meal of something I'm craving on a busy day.

Since folks brought up sodium and frozen dinners, I watch my sodium levels and if I have one the meals, I don't have anything else sodium-heavy for the rest of the day. (Now that I joined this site, tracking will be so much easier!)
  • PosterPens
    PosterPens Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    ive had a lean cuisine or ww smart ones every day since i started this weight loss in mid-feb.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    They're useful for times when Im too busy to cook or whatever. As a regular thing? No thanks. Too much sodium, not enough flavor. Too expensive too.
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Never had Lean Cuisine. I doubt I ever will. BUT - Trader Joe's makes some pretty good Indian food (for what it is, not saying that it's really good, just that for microwave food it's good) and they're between 300-500 calories. I've been eating them all the time. REAL food, chicken or lamb and rice. NOM.
  • griffith5150
    griffith5150 Posts: 123
    Options
    I eat them for lunches at work, something easy and fast. When its my day off or we have leftovers at my house (rare thing) than I bring leftovers for lunch but usually the frozen food. Use them instead of buying fast food!