kashi go lean crunch

Options
does anyone know if this is a good breakfast choice?? is it healthy!?

Replies

• hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    It's got lots of fiber, very filling. You may want to mix it with other cereals or really watch your portion size. I experienced what I would call extreme gastrointestinal distress from it and just quit eating it altogether. Sorry if that is TMI but I wanted to put that warning out there.
  • missboriken
    missboriken Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I add some to yogurt but I don't like it by itself w/milk. Too rough/coarse in texture.
  • Raynedancer
    Raynedancer Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have eaten it and had absolutely no problems with it. I love it :smile:
  • Raynedancer
    Options
    I have eaten it and had absolutely no problems with it. I love it :smile:

OOOps...I guess I lagged and created a double...so sorry.
  • kharr333
    Options
    Ihave eaten it and had absolutely no problems with it. I love it :smile:

you havent experienced any weight gain?
  • KatieKlotz
    KatieKlotz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I eat about a 1/4 cup of it in my greek yogurt each morning. I love it!
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried that one but have tried other Kashi cereals and loved them. never had any problems with them at all. They are lower in a lot of areas than other cereals. Lower sugars and calories on the ones I eat.
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I love Kashi but I just eat the GoLean original...the other varieties have too much sugar. No problems for me but I am mega fiber girl...about 70-90 grams per day.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options

Why would you gain weight with a go lean cereal? It is healthy and low cal, for a cereal. Lots of fiber so some bloating may occur.
  • Raynedancer
    Options
    No, I haven't.
  • Raynedancer
    Options

No, I haven't.
  • stfuandrun
    stfuandrun Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I eat it for breakfast every morning with a 1/2 cup of light soy milk (either vanilla or chocolate). I have found it to be the perfect breakfast to really fill me up and keep me full for a few hours. It has a ton of fiber and protein. My favorite is the honey almond flax. Yum!
  • kharr333
    Options
    No, I haven't.

okay perfect! i have heard so many mixed reviews from friends lately i wasnt sure what to believe! thank you
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I eat 1-1/2 cups for breakfast a few mornings a week and have had no issues with it. Occasionally I feel a bit bloated but I stay fuller longer and it's delicious!
  • Tasha1476
    Options
    I eat it for breakfast every morning with a 1/2 cup of light soy milk (either vanilla or chocolate). I have found it to be the perfect breakfast to really fill me up and keep me full for a few hours. It has a ton of fiber and protein. My favorite is the honey almond flax. Yum!

I just got this flavor and had it for the first time this morning. LOVE it!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    LOVE it, love it!! It is one of my 3 main breakfast's. I have it with skim milk, it's delicious!
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    No, but I say that for political reasons lol.
    Nutritionally, yes.
  • ilenem
    Options
    I found the Go Lean Crunch too sweet, so I would mix it 1/3 Crunch to 2/3 original. If you're not used to having lots of fiber in your diet, you have to build up to it. And drink lots of water!