swimming

Options
Hi there, I notice that lots of people run and gym but don't see any swimming posts here. I just LOVE my swimming. I'm currently doing the River Tees on the Swimfit challenges. So far I've done 82km since the start of the year. Slow going but I'm almost there. I normally swim 3 times a week and try to do 2km each time. Anyone else swimming?

Replies

• pelpec
    pelpec Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I swim an hour every day in an Endless Pool...against a current...I have no idea how much distance I cover. Thinking about getting a Polar FT4 or something to help with that. I am not a great swimmer, but my stamina has improved so much . I started the 30 day shred two weeks ago then swim afterwards...I am usually a heap on the floor immediately afterwards!
  • sorcha1977
    sorcha1977 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I just started. I'm going to swim three days per week (Tues, Thurs, Fri) and add a bit more time/distance every time I go.

Last night was my first try, and I swam a half-mile in one hour. That's really slow, but I wasn't discouraged since it was my first time and I weigh 300 pounds. I know that as I lose weight and build endurance, my time will improve. :)

I looooove swimming. I'm so happy I have access to a pool now, especially since it's summer. I hate getting hot and sweaty. ;)
  • mercercrt
    mercercrt Posts: 3
    Options
    Keep up the good work. I also swim 3 times a week. normally do 2km each time but split it into the different strokes and drills. Half a mile is great for a first time. You'll find that your fitness will increase really quickly. Keep posting.......
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I went swimming after I mowed the lawn this morning. Felt so good!
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    There is a swimming group on Mfp - swimmers! - join us ...
  • xjoseyx
    xjoseyx Posts: 74
    Options
    My gym has a jr olympic pool. Im in it 3 times a week. I love it!! They also do a ton of aqua classes like zumba, swim for fitness, intense swimming cardio, strength training. I often work out then into the pool for laps. I wear my Polar FT4 to track how Im doing.

Im so glad I started swimming again. I was so ashamed of my body that I didnt even own a swim suit until 3 months ago. I hadnt swum since i was 15. Im 31 now.