TWINKIESSSS!

Options
2»

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Barf.

I was happy when I heard they were going away forever. Damn loudmouthed Americans, made so much stink over a greasy j*zz-filled sponge pastry that they actually brought it BACK? Oh, Gawd.

lol

Don't forget some people like to fry them.
    deep-fried-twinkie.jpg?w=600

Personally, I like them. Although the thought of frying them grosses me out.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Barf.

I was happy when I heard they were going away forever. Damn loudmouthed Americans, made so much stink over a greasy j*zz-filled sponge pastry that they actually brought it BACK? Oh, Gawd.

lol

Don't forget some people like to fry them.
    deep-fried-twinkie.jpg?w=600

Personally, I like them. Although the thought of frying them grosses me out.

Oddly enough, the thought of deep frying them intrigues me, as it's the cheap, oily fakey-sponge texture that's 80% of my beef with Twinkies. I'd try a bite. A. Single. Bite.
  • missveeoh
    missveeoh Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I actually don't like Twinkies but that small chocolate cupcake (idk what its called) reminds me back when I was 5 and I used to pretend that they were mini birthday cakes and my mom would give me a candle so I can reenact the whole thing (literally..I would sing happy bday to myself) haha! :)
  • NancyKhuu
    NancyKhuu Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I've never been interested in Twinkies, may be I'm just weird :)
  • Lizajayne23
    Lizajayne23 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I typically don't care for fried foods except chicken strips and an occasional french fry craving, but fried twinkies weren't too bad. Fried oreos were better. LOL My hubby went through a fry-everything kick and did both of those along with candy bars. I'm glad I tried them but they're definitely not something I plan to ever have again.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Don't care for twinkies. Though I like the cupcakes.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I typically don't care for fried foods except chicken strips and an occasional french fry craving, but fried twinkies weren't too bad. Fried oreos were better. LOL My hubby went through a fry-everything kick and did both of those along with candy bars. I'm glad I tried them but they're definitely not something I plan to ever have again.

:laugh:

I won't try them, but mostly because:

1) Not that into fried foods (even prefer baked fries to fried ones)
    2) I tend to get sick to my stomach after eating fried foods
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    They never stopped selling them in Canada. I'm not actually fond of them. Sometimes I think I want one, but then they don't taste good.
  • Lizajayne23
    Lizajayne23 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Fried foods make me queasy sometimes, as well. I think part of it was a horrific bout with gallstones a lot of years ago. I couldn't eat anything greasy for months without risking the worst pain I've ever felt and terrible nausea. Fries at home are baked, but I have to admit to an occasional extreme craving for McDonald's fries. LOL And my Mother-in-Law's fried chicken which she refuses to cook anymore.

Something happened to the cupcakes. They're too moist and dense now. When I was little, I would peel the icing layer off, then eat the cake around the filling, then smoosh the filling back onto the icing layer. and eat until the little white curly q's were the last bites. I eat all of the cake off the filling in Twinkies, too. I'm so weird. LOL