So hungry

Options
I am 43 years old, 5ft 10, I weigh 154 lbs and I am aiming for 148 lbs, so nearly there. I am on 1200 calories per day. I try and exercise at least 4 times a week. I am just so hungry all the time and I am really struggling with these last few lbs. Any advice

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Eat back your exercise calories!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    yes, eat more. My guess is that you have set MFP to a goal of losing 2lb per week - with only 6 pounds to lose that is just not realistic. You need to redo your goal and set it to 1/2 pound per week. Your loss will be slower, but infinitely more sustainable and you will get a higher calorie goal so that you won't be hungry all the time, too. Win-win.
  • simonc14
    simonc14 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You're pretty lean for your height, and you're down to the last few pounds so they're not going to come off easy. I can't see your diary, but stating the obvious you should aim for nutritious, and satisfying foods. 1,200 cals a day is lower than I would dare go (I'm 5' 11'') so I'm not surprised you're hungry! One thing I've found is that i get hungry at certain times of the day, so pre-empting this with a small snack can help. Also sometimes if I've not eaten enough beforehand exercise can drop my blood sugar levels too low and i get really hungry. Are you eating back your exercise calories?
  • sp98
    sp98 Posts: 46
    Options
    yes, eat more. My guess is that you have set MFP to a goal of losing 2lb per week - with only 6 pounds to lose that is just not realistic. You need to redo your goal and set it to 1/2 pound per week. Your loss will be slower, but infinitely more sustainable and you will get a higher calorie goal so that you won't be hungry all the time, too. Win-win.

^^ this. I was eating 1200 like MFP said and I was constantly hungry and not losing weight. I now eat 1500 and have been losing weight every week
  • Hughesers
    Hughesers Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the advice, very helpful.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options

x eleventy billion!