Heading off track...

Options
Hi everyone. I started MyFitnessPal on January 1st (or around there anyways) and since then I've lost 32 lbs. It's not as fast as some have done, but its more weight than I've ever lost in my life. But for the past 2 months...I've REALLY struggled to keep up with my healthier eating habits and for the past 2 weeks I've just straight up not logged everything/stopped logging.

I REALLY need some motivation and support...and I'm looking for a few friends who are active, read/comment on journal diaries. I'm not looking for someone to yell at me when I eat a cheese burger or sausage ('cause I'm gonna do that) but just basically to help me stay under my calorie goal because that was working for me before.

Help!

Replies

• Faded_Memories
    Options
    Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Have you eaten breakfast yet? Have you logged it? If you have eaten but not logged it go do that now. If you want to get back on track then take it one step at a time. Commit yourself to tracking and coming within calories today.
  • Faded_Memories
    Options
    Didn't eat breakfast today...went out to get a couple of grocery items instead. Logged my lunch though.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    That's good progress. Do the same with dinner. Again, it's one step at a time.
  • rezn8
    rezn8 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Always willing to help motivate others. I've logged on MFP for 340 days straight so i'm always here trying to lead by example.
    Your starting results are outstanding and maybe you just went into too hard at first and burned out. This is something you want to learn to deal with for a lifetime. There will be bumps but you need to work to make them more manageable.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Stop relying on motivation. Not every day is going to feel like a super good day to eat right and exercise. You have to make it a habit. A schedule. Something that you just DO now.

Everyone will have a bad day. It's up to you to just turn it around and start fresh like that bad day was nothing. Don't make it an "all or nothing" approach.

You started successfully once, you can start successfully again...and reach your goal this time.

Hang in there. You can do this! Good luck! :flowerforyou: