I blew it!

Options
124»

Replies

• __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    ...OP it is impossible for you to gain 12lbs on 1000 calories per day, you are underestimating your food and drink and overestimating any exercise you are logging...
    I'm not really sure what you mean here, I'm not coming up with any calorie values on my own, I'm just typing the names of everything I've eaten in the search box and adding it, as for exercise I've used a timer and stop myself at an hour, because it's just easier to pick a "previous exercise" and not mess around with editing the time spent doing it each day.

Would you be able to take a peek at my food diary, I think it's public, but I'm new here so I'm not really sure.

Seriously, you cannot gain 12lbs on 1000 calories per day, I don't care what you have put in your diary, it is impossible to gain on that amount of calories.

I suggest you get yourself along to a university and put yourself forward for investigation into how somebody can eat just 1000 calories and yet gain 12lbs. Their research could be invaluable - or are you not understanding what I am saying here?

Your scales are wrong or you weighed incorrectly in the first place.

Google Thermodynamics and physics, see what you then deduce from the findings.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    edit: and for about 3 years I was eating around 5000 a day, with no exercise at all, and gained around 50 pounds over the 3 year period.

Ooo I did the math. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. According to my figures, you were eating 160 too many calories per day

160*365*3=175200 too many calories over 3 years
    175200/3500=50 lbs.

So if this is all true and accurate, to loose 50 lbs. in 3 years you'd need to cut to 4840 calories per day. Or continue to eat 5000 calories and walk for 30 minutes or so every day.
  • 1fitnessplanner
    1fitnessplanner Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    you say you drink a lot of coffee yet i don't see any milk or sugar or creamer logged do you drink black coffee?
    if you use the recipe tab as everyone says and breakdown what you're eating you may find you're eating more or less than the database says as MFP really doesn't know what you're eating unless you tell it- don't rely on other peoples MFP database edits they're probably not using the same product
    also eat less of the processed and go back to cooking for yourself once you've created a recipe it'll be easy for you to add and is much better for you in the long term

i'm no expert but good luck
  • jrue1985
    jrue1985 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    People are giving you the advice you need and you don't seem to be taking it... EAT MORE. You probably need to eat at least 1500-1700 calories a day, if not more. You need to do some research on your own to figure out what you should actually be eating. Don't just guess and think that 1000 good enough. That isn't good enough for ANYONE.
  • kkveggie
    kkveggie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else that you should be eating more. Also try to avoid pre-packaged foods whenever possible (this shouldn't be too hard since you love to cook :happy: ). When you are logging home cooked meals look up each ingredient seperately and add them to a recipe that you can use later. It just takes some playing around.

I would also recommend trying to cut back on the sugary drinks (tang, oj, canned tea) and substituting them for water. You can still drink coffee, tea, and other things too, but in moderation. I carry around a refillable water bottle with me all day, and when I'm sitting at my desk I just take a sip whenever I'm thirsty.

Stick with it and you will see the results, sometimes it just takes a little bit for your body to get used to the adjustments you have been making. Also, the journey to a healthier lifestyle isn't all about the numbers on the scale. You said you've been feeling proud of yourself for your accomplishments and healthier even after only a week, that says something and should not be discredited just because the numbers haven't caught up yet.

Good luck! You can do it!! :smile:
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    He has stopped logging in. Either he is ashamed of the weight gain, or this thread is bogus.:bigsmile: