5:2 Fast Diet

Options
Hungryalf
Hungryalf Posts: 10 Member
I was just wondering if anyone else is following the 5:2 Fast Diet recently featured on BBC's Horizon programme? I started it this week and and doing amazingly - feeling much better, losing weight, more energy etc. Any feedback from anyone?

Replies

• jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    There are two forums for the 5:2 diet (go to groups, then search) where you'll find plenty of converts (including me) :-)
  • Hungryalf
    Hungryalf Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Oh - thank you - I thought it was a bit unusual I couldn't find anything - good luck with yours! :)
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    No problem :-) Feel free to add me, too. I find it easier to have 5:2 friends than non fasting so that my 500 calories days don't result in a telling off on my wall :laugh:
  • MrsGraves1987
    MrsGraves1987 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hey! It's my second week on the 5:2, and 4th fast day. I have a weigh in today so I can see how well (or not) I'm doing!! Feel free to add me, there are loads of us on here!! X
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    20th fast today...feel free to add me, if you want some 5:2 buddies.
  • Mrsshellers
    Mrsshellers Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    7th fast day today and I am loving it! I have a blog if you want to follow it and feel free to add me as a friend, I have an open diary :)
  • scottishlass
    scottishlass Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 5:2 diet too.
  • Peabody_123
    Peabody_123 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yep been doing 5:2 or even 4:3 some weeks since 3rd June and have lost 11lbs so far.

Feel free to add me.
  • jrzzz
    jrzzz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I started on June 19th... really like it! Feel free to add me to your friends list, too... we all support each other.
  • rainrshine
    rainrshine Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just started back on the 5:2 diet. I really need friends who are also on it!
  • cazzabean62
    cazzabean62 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Yes, i started it yesterday. I did it for a few months earlier in the year and really liked it, then got out of sync and now trying again.
  • Cherry_T
    Cherry_T Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I don`t recommend this long term.. You`ll see why soon enough. Check out the renegade diet. It makes more scientifically accurate use of IF. choppysreviews.com/the-renegade-diet/
  • Mrsshellers
    Mrsshellers Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I don`t recommend this long term.. You`ll see why soon enough.

Can you just not enlighten us? Why not?
  • carole4000
    carole4000 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have been losing and gaining the same few pounds for about a year, if not longer. I always research anything before trying and the weight loss seems to be a bonus for the health benefits. Now after completing my first week and 2 'fast' days, I have lost 2.5lb and finally broken through the brickwall for my weight. I feel a second or third week will confirm if this 'diet' is the right thing to do, but it has definitely made an impression and I am actually enjoying my food and thinking about what I am eating. Another bonus is my asthma has improved already. :)
  • lauraellie10
    lauraellie10 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    hi
    im starting this tomorrow
    Are any of you guys still doing it?
  • mom2sons02
    mom2sons02 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I didn't reply the first time around, but just saw this. I am doing 5:2 and have been for about 5 weeks. Lost 8 lbs and loving it so far. Feel free to add me although I only log regularly on fast days.