C25K question....

Options
so i did the first day of week 3 last night and it was shorter than week 1 and 2...wk 3 says 5 min warmup and then 1.5 min run, 1.5 min walk, 3 min run, 3 min walk - repeat twice.....does that mean a total of 23 mins????
last night i did that plus a 5 min cool down and was home in 28 mins AND didnt get as far as i did last week on wk 2???
did i not do enough repeats??? i know the program is 20-30 mins per session but it just seemed short???
help please...

Replies

• lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I always go for 25 minutes, 5 minutes of a warm up and then enough repetitions for 20 minutes. Maybe you are just getting really good and used to it so it seems really short . . . ha ha.
  • alanmonks
    alanmonks Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Dont stress, it is right. even though the overall run is slightly shorter, the intervals are a bit longer and different. if gets your body used to running for longer intervals each week. I am on week 5 day 3, i am doing a 20 minute run tomorrow, first time to go for a run significant amount of time on teh programme in 1 go.
  • Skinman
    Options
    I had the same thoughts when I hit week 3. I just went with it but felt like I was cheating. My thoughts are it was a little break both physical and mental before hitting week 4. To compansate on week 3, because I run in the morning, I would walk 3 miles each evening.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    The lengths of the sessions vary because their goal is to get you used to running/jogging for longer periods. They change it up every week because they're changing the lengths of the jog/run and walk intervals to build up your endurance, so the overall workout time isn't the same. Some sessions are shorter and some are longer. The important thing is that you're able to run/jog for the entire length of all the run/jog sessions, not that you're going the same time/distance every time.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone...i knew it was right in my heart, my head just wouldnt let it go LOL.....
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I used distance as my guide rather than the time....if you are just wanting to be able to run for "so" long use time...if you have a goal for a specific distance, you might switch to distance in your runs. Keep it up - the fact that you are doing it is awesome....don't let time "slow you down" :wink: :laugh:
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i'm actually switching to the "distance" feature once it gets to 1/4 mile as my program runkeeper doesnt allow for intervals less than that to be setup....
    thanks for the suggestion and the encouragement...thinking i'm going to do day 2 tonight right after work before i head to the gym for my big elliptical/weights workout....