Hello-emotional eater

Options
Eldrene
Eldrene Posts: 12 Member
Hello,

I have been on this site for about a week now. I was doing really well to start but than I went away for three days and was eating out. I thought I was back on track today but my emotions got the best of me. I am feeling down and I ate half a jar of pickles. I know I should have jumped on the treadmill instead. Does anyone have any tricks to stop eating when emotions are involved?

Thank you any support I get is appreciated. I really want to get my 30 lbs off and be back to where I was before having children.

Replies

• boomstick13s
    Options
    I used to leave notes to myself on the fridge... kinda like a police negotiater talking me down :)
  • nbingham
    nbingham Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi Eldrene,

I'm an emotional eater too. I've only recently started my journey but I've already been tested. What I did was drink a big glass of water and then took a shower. The water filled me up and gave me that comforting swallowing feeling and the shower was relaxing. I know it's hard, but we can do this!

Please feel free to add me, if you like. We can make this journey together.
  • antarah
    antarah Posts: 9
    Options
    I used to leave notes to myself on the fridge... kinda like a police negotiater talking me down :)
    my ex boyfriend and i used to have mid-night icream runs. his half gallon would last him a week, my pint was all the icecream i'd eat all week, i finally figured it out that i was eating way too much. when we broke up (not because of the ice cream) i found myself chowing down on just about anything i could put in my mouth. then i realized not only am i an emotional eater, but a stress eater as well. when i get in that mode i usually a lot drink water, and have a small ice cream too.
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    you ask the golden question!! I wish I could figure this out as well!! I do have to say eating pickels isn't as bad as it could be except for the sodium maybe. I over eat sweets when I am emotionally eating! Lots of calories I reach for!
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Hi Eldrene!

I am also an emotional (and stress and boredom) eater! I haven't found a fool-proof solution yet...

If you'd like, please add me as a friend and we can work thru it together! I would love to have someone to talk to!

-Kate
  • Eldrene
    Eldrene Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your responses.