Zumba

Options
Hi All, first off sorry for any mispells typing one handed giant cast on my left arm. lol..... I get my cast off on Tuesday, had tricep and tendon tear, major one at that. I obviously won't be lifting for a while but found a cpl of places close to me that do Zumba. Any tips for a newbie to it????/

Replies

• ZyheeMoongazer
    ZyheeMoongazer Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    1. Don't worry if you can't keep up, rest if you need to.
    2. Don't worry if you can't perform each dance move perfectly, practice makes perfect.
    3. Smile and have fun!

Tip: Wear tread-less shoes. They will let you spin and pivot easier. They even sell special zumba shoes, but you don't really need them. http://www.amazon.com/Zumba-Womens-Z1-Dance-Shoe/dp/B0053ARH8K I have seen some people zumba in their socks.
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Thank You. I'm thinking I'll probably be in socks then to start :)
  • karli2121
    karli2121 Posts: 12
    Options
    I just recently started Zumba and its such a good working, I get super sweaty but am having sonmuch fun doing it and the hour goes by so quick. I just started as well and not knowing the moves right away is kinda frustrating but I'll learn them eventually. Hopefully I see results soon!
  • TNBelle35
    TNBelle35 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Love it!!

Want to add that if you do try it and don't like it....try another class because every instructor is different, every routine is different, and every class is different so don't judge one class. Check out You Tube too to get ideas and routines, awesome stuff just pick any song and ad zumba to the name and I guarantee you will find some and they are free.