3370 calorie consumption

Options

Replies

• Joshyusernametaken
    Joshyusernametaken Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You don't have to follow this recipe, this is just a guide. Feel free to add what ever and tweak to your liking but this has a heap of good fats, natural sugars, good protein and complex carbs.. far better than ice cream!.. depends what bulk you are going for, icecream will give you a dirty bulk.

One scoop of whey - 20-30 grams of protein
    500ml of milk (skim or low fat)
    1 banana
    1 - 1.5 cups of Oates
    2 tablespoons of peanut butter
    blend it all up - add the whey while it's blending so the powder doesn't stick to the sides of the blender.

Total: just over 1000 calories, 125g carbs, 30grams of fat, 65grams protein.
  • granitendirt
    Options
    For some entertaining reading, check out The Fat Project: http://www.okcupid.com/humor/fat-project-home.html

Hell, you might get a good idea from it, too. Or it might just gross you out.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    3300 cals is not a lot. Look at my diary.

Might be looking at the wrong thing, but your diary says you only consume 2k cals, doesn't even show a goal
    The concept of looking in the past eludes you.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil
    Butter
    Full fat milk
    Cheese
    Nuts
    Pasta
    Rice
    Pop tarts / waffles / ice cream / chocolate etc etc
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    You don't have to follow this recipe, this is just a guide. Feel free to add what ever and tweak to your liking but this has a heap of good fats, natural sugars, good protein and complex carbs.. far better than ice cream!.. depends what bulk you are going for, icecream will give you a dirty bulk.

1 banana
    1 - 1.5 cups of Oates
    blend it all up - add the whey while it's blending so the powder doesn't stick to the sides of the blender.

What's a dirty bulk? I like ice creams, and I don't wanna be dirty. Am I gonna die now?
  • jaycbadass
    jaycbadass Posts: 325
    Options
    Im taking 3500 cals to cut so imagine lol.. Make a gut buster shake..eat extremely starchy veggies like yuca, cassava, sweet plantain. wouldnt hurt to try the GOMAD diet along with your normal food.. Expect to put on some fat though.
  • jaycbadass
    jaycbadass Posts: 325
    Options

1 banana
    1 - 1.5 cups of Oates

What's a dirty bulk? I like ice creams, and I don't wanna be dirty. Am I gonna die now?
    Dirty bulk= gaining muscle/body weight by fitting anything into your macro's.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options

Might be looking at the wrong thing, but your diary says you only consume 2k cals, doesn't even show a goal

He is correct though, you do not have a goal calorie amount there. I was curious and ventured back to June 2013 and your diary ranges from just over 3100 per day down to 250 (I presume you didn't log much at all that day) back up to 2k etc.
  • Joshyusernametaken
    Options

1 banana
    1 - 1.5 cups of Oates

Is that my recipe??? I post something very similar...

2 scoops chocolate whey
    1. banana
    4tbs peanut butter
    2 cups milk
    1 cup oats.

this is about 1,200 calories.

Really? Never seen it, been having this for years. Awesome tasting though right?
  • dieselinmyveins6
    Options

Clearly Being a **** doesn't elude you.
  • ahmadfahmy
    ahmadfahmy Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    So to reach my goal of 190 lbs i need to have a daily goal of 3370 calories. I eat a lot but after the calculations my food is just abundant and not really rich in calories. Any ideas what foods i should target to help me with that goal?

fast food..seriously.
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Plenty of oats and wholemeal pasta/rice. And of course good old peanut butter and almonds for some good mono unsaturated fats.
  • kaykaylyn
    kaykaylyn Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly new to MFP and have just been perusing some of the threads and I'm reading some of the suggestions on foods to eat on order to get in all your calories and I am, to say the least, surprised to See things like ice creme, full fat millk, etc. So are you all sayo.g that If someone keeps falling below their calories, that its ok to eat these foods in order to meet your calorie goal? I'm really tryin.g to gain an understanding of What folks are doing to lose their weight and it sounds like you can eat anything as Long as ou take in the right amount of calories. I know that I should make my melas as healthy as possible, but when I go all out in that direction, my calories are waaay below goal. I guess If I keep typing I will answer my own question. Sounds like If, after eating healthy meals, f I'm still below calories, that it is Then ok to eat higher calorie foods to hit goal? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly new to MFP and have just been perusing some of the threads and I'm reading some of the suggestions on foods to eat on order to get in all your calories and I am, to say the least, surprised to See things like ice creme, full fat millk, etc. So are you all sayo.g that If someone keeps falling below their calories, that its ok to eat these foods in order to meet your calorie goal? I'm really tryin.g to gain an understanding of What folks are doing to lose their weight and it sounds like you can eat anything as Long as ou take in the right amount of calories. I know that I should make my melas as healthy as possible, but when I go all out in that direction, my calories are waaay below goal. I guess If I keep typing I will answer my own question. Sounds like If, after eating healthy meals, f I'm still below calories, that it is Then ok to eat higher calorie foods to hit goal? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Well talking on a personal level, I do not agree with that sort of thinking, ie stuff one's face with rubbish just to meet the daily calorie goal, but apparently my sort of thinking doesn't seem to go down too well on MFP at times.

However, IMO, no it is not okay to just eat crap just to fulfill daily calorie amounts lest somebody goes into "starvation mode".

(sorry just couldn't help it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: )
  • kaykaylyn
    kaykaylyn Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hello di, thanks for responding. I think I'm kinda getting how I take everyones info and make it my own. I guess I'm still scared to eat certain foods (Bread, pasta, ice cream, etc) and when I "diet" I cut them out. BUT What I'm realizing is that I don't have to. So I'm gonna add these things back in to help meet my calorie goals. I need to add that another reason I cut way back on starchy carbs is that I'm diabetic, so I try to never overindulge in them when I do occassionally eat them. I will buy Brown rice, noodles, real whole wheat Bread, use coconut oil more and not beat myself up If I have ice crema sometimes. As a diabetic I know how to adjust carbs and mix them well with protein and fat. Thanks for everyones posts, they were all Very helpful.
  • dieselinmyveins6
    Options

mostly everyone that says to eat the junk food and ice cream and such provide that kind of info for ppl who are trying to bulk, weather its a dirty bulk or a clean one.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    If you've had as much nutrient rich food as you can eat for the day, then it's pretty likely you've met your needs for vitamins and minerals. You won't get any more benefit from getting more of vits/minerals than you need, but your body still needs fuel, so you will benefit from eating the rest of your calories.

Your body fat can only supply so much of its energy per day. Once that amount is exceeded, any additional calories come from eating up your muscle tissue. That is why you should meet your calorie goal for the day.

So you see, the point is that you need to get calories in but don't need anything else. Calorie dense foods are not bad for you in and of themselves, they are only 'bad' when you are using them to replace so much of your other foods that you end up lacking in vitamins and minerals.

In other words, yes, eat whatever it is that makes you happy in order to get the rest of your calories in. :)
  • Joshyusernametaken
    Options
    If you've had as much nutrient rich food as you can eat for the day, then it's pretty likely you've met your needs for vitamins and minerals. You won't get any more benefit from getting more of vits/minerals than you need, but your body still needs fuel, so you will benefit from eating the rest of your calories.

Your body fat can only supply so much of its energy per day. Once that amount is exceeded, any additional calories come from eating up your muscle tissue. That is why you should meet your calorie goal for the day.

So you see, the point is that you need to get calories in but don't need anything else. Calorie dense foods are not bad for you in and of themselves, they are only 'bad' when you are using them to replace so much of your other foods that you end up lacking in vitamins and minerals.

In other words, yes, eat whatever it is that makes you happy in order to get the rest of your calories in. :)

Again, this depends completely on your needs. If you are trying to bulk up and gain muscle weight, eating crap or 'empty' calories such as icecream and sweets just to meet your macros is fine as long as you dont mind a little fat gain along the way. Personally, If I eat crap food I feel crap and don't have as much energy. A calorie is not necessarily a calorie! depend son the food source. All comes down to how serious you wanna be with your health.
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    Eggs, Oates, nuts, fruits ..
    junk food works if you're looking to eat dirty.
    Idk what your preferences are.
  • athyraslove
    athyraslove Posts: 145
    Options
    Adding avocado to a shake will add a few hundred cals, and it makes it creamy if you can't have yogurt. :) I use avocado for chicken salad now instead of mayo and add lime and cilantro. I just really like avocado...lmao

Peanut butter like everyone said is a great way to add cals too.